Strengthening pharmacy practice in vietnam: findings of a training intervention study
Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 426–434, April 2013
How to Cite
Minh, P. D., Huong, D. T. M., Byrkit, R. and Murray, M. (2013), Strengthening pharmacy practice in vietnam: findings of a training intervention study. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 18: 426–434. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12062
- Issue online: 14 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2013
- 2003) Can developing countries achieve adequate improvements in child health outcomes without engaging the private sector? Bulletin of the World Health Organization 81, 886–895. , & (
- 2000) STD management by private pharmacies in Hanoi: practice and knowledge of drug sellers. Sexually Transmitted Infections 76, 299–302. , , , & (
- 2002) Private pharmacies in Hanoi, Vietnam: a randomized trial of a 2-year multi-component intervention on knowledge and stated practice regarding ARI, STD and antibiotic/steroid requests. Tropical Medicine and International Health 7, 803–810. , , & (
- 1999) “Doi moi” and private pharmacies: a case study on dispensing and financial issues in Hanoi, Vietnam. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 55, 325–332. & (
- 2001) Management of childhood acute respiratory infections at private pharmacies in Vietnam. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy 35, 1283–1288. , , , , & (
- 2002) Improving private pharmacy practice: a multi-intervention experiment in Hanoi, Vietnam. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 55, 1148–1155. , , , , & (
- Drug Administration of Vietnam (2012) Implementation of GPP in Vietnam: Achievements, difficulties and orientation in the forthcoming time. The role of pharmacies in public health care in Vietnam. Hanoi, Vietnam 22 August 2012.
- 1997) Diarrhoea management by pharmacy staff in retail pharmacies in Hanoi, Vietnam. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice 5, 97–100. , & (
- 2003) Training pharmacy workers in recognition, management, and prevention of STDs: district-randomized controlled trial. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 81, 806–814. , , & (
- General Statistics Office of Vietnam (2009). Survey Assessment of Vietnamese Youth 2 (SAVY 2). General Office of Population and Family Planning, Hanoi.
- 1996) Retail pharmacies in developing countries: a behavior and intervention framework. Social Science & Medicine 42, 1155–1161. , , & (
- 2011) Health-seeking behaviour among adults with prolonged cough in Vietnam. Tropical Medicine and International Health 16, 1260–1267. , , et al. (
- International Pharmaceutical Federation (1998) Good Pharmacy Practice in Developing Countries: Recommendations for Step-wise Implementation. International Pharmaceutical Federation, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- 1998) Pharmacies, self-medication and pharmaceutical marketing in Bombay. India. Social Science & Medicine 47, 779–794. & (
- 2003) Referring TB suspects from private pharmacies to the National Tuberculosis Programme: experiences from two districts in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. International Journal of Tuberculosis & Lung Disease 7, 1147–1153. , , , & (
- 1991). Sample size Determination in Health Studies: A Practical Manual. World Health Organization, Geneva. & (
- 2012) Abortion in present day Vietnam. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences 2, 56–61. (
- PATH (2006). Reaching Youth through Pharmacies. [online] Available at: http://www.path.org/projects/rxgen_pharmacy_project.php [Accessed 19 November 2012].
- 2006) Private drug sellers' education in improving prescribing practices. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons–Pakistan 16: 743–746. , , , & (
- 1996) The impact of face-to-face educational outreach on diarrhoea treatment in pharmacies. Health Policy Plan 11, 308–318. , , et al. (
- 2010) Comparing Questions with Agree/Disagree Response Options to Questions with Item-Specific Response Options. Survey Research Methods 4, 61–79. , , & (
- 2007) Legal Abortion worldwide: Incidence and recent trends. International Family Planning Perspectives 33, 106–116. , , , & (
- 2009a) The quality of private pharmacy services in low and middle-income countries: a systematic review. Pharmacy World and Science 31, 351–361. (
- 2009b) Private local pharmacies in low- and middle-income countries: a review of interventions to enhance their role in public health. Tropical Medicine and International Health 14, 362–372. (
- UNICEF & World Health Organization (2009). Diarrhoea: Why Children are Still Dying and What Can be Done. WHO Press, Geneva.
- 2010) Are interventions for improving the quality of services provided by specialized drug shops effective in sub-Saharan Africa? A systematic review of the literature. International Journal for Quality in Health Care 22, 316–323. & (
- World Bank, SIDA, AusAID, Royal Netherlands Embassy & Ministry of Health Vietnam (2001) Growing Healthy: A Review of Vietnam's Health Sector. Ministry of Health, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- World Health Organization (1994). The Role of The Pharmacist in The Health Care System. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (2012). World Health Statistics 2012. World Health Organization, Geneva.