Members of India Diabetes Mellitus – Tuberculosis Study Group are in Appendix 1.
Screening of patients with diabetes mellitus for tuberculosis in India
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 18, Issue 5, pages 646–654, May 2013
How to Cite
India Diabetes Mellitus – Tuberculosis Study Group (2013), Screening of patients with diabetes mellitus for tuberculosis in India. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 18: 646–654. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12083
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
- 2011) Applying lessons learnt from the “DOTS” Tuberculosis Model to monitoring and evaluating persons with diabetes mellitus in Blantyre, Malawi. Tropical Medicine & International Health 16, 1077–1084. , , et al. (
- 2011) The impact of diabetes on tuberculosis treatment outcomes: a systematic review. BMC Medicine 9, 81. , , et al. (
- 2012) High diabetes prevalence among tuberculosis cases in Kerala, India. PLoS ONE 7, e46502. , , et al. (
- 2012) Measuring progress on NCDs: one goal and five targets. Lancet 380, 1283–1285. , , et al. (
- Central Tuberculosis Division (2005). Technical and Operational Guidelines for Tuberculosis Control. Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme, Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- 2011) National, regional, and global trends in fasting plasma glucose and diabetes prevalence since 1980: systematic analysis of health examination surveys and epidemiological studies with 370 country-years and 2.7 million participants. Lancet 378, 31–40. , , et al. (
- 2009) Tuberculosis and diabetes mellitus: convergence of two epidemics. The Lancet Infectious Diseases 9, 737–746. & (
- 2010a) Defining the research agenda to reduce the joint burden of disease from Diabetes mellitus and Tuberculosis. Tropical Medicine and International Health 15, 659–663. , , et al. (
- International Diabetes Federation (2011) IDF Diabetes Atlas. 5th edn. International Diabetes Federation, Brussels. http://www.eatlas.idf.org (accessed 20 July 2011).
- 2008) Diabetes mellitus increases the risk of active tuberculosis: a systematic review of 13 observational studies. PLoS Medicine 5, e152. & (
- 2010) Bi-directional screening for tuberculosis and diabetes: a systematic review. Tropical Medicine and International Health 15, 1300–1314. , , et al. (
- 2011) A rapid assessment and response approach to review and enhance advocacy, communication and social mobilisation for tuberculosis control in Odisha State, India. BMC Public Health 11, 463. , , , & (
- 2012) Cohort monitoring of persons with diabetes mellitus in a primary health care clinic for Palestine refugees in Jordan. Tropical Medicine and International Health. doi:10.1111/j.1365-3156.2012.03097.x. [Epub ahead of print]. , , et al. (
- 2011) Tuberculosis. Lancet 378, 57–72. & (
- 2005) Scaling up antiretroviral therapy in Africa: learning from tuberculosis control programmes – the case of Malawi. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 9, 1062–1071. , , et al. (
- 2012) Screening of patients with diabetes mellitus for tuberculosis in China. Tropical Medicine & International Health 17, 1302–1308. , , et al. (
- 2010) Diabetes in Asia. Lancet 375, 408–418. , & (
- 2010) Implications of the global increase of diabetes for tuberculosis control and patient care. Tropical Medicine and International Health 15, 1289–1299. , , , & (
- 2012) New vision for revised national tuberculosis control programme (RNTCP): Universal access – “Reaching the un-reached”. Indian Journal of Medical Research 135, 690–694. , , , & (
- 2008) Initial default among diagnosed sputum smear-positive pulmonary tuberculosis patients in Andhra Pradesh, India. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 12, 1055–1058. , , et al. (
- 2011) From where are tuberculosis patients accessing treatment in India? Results from a cross-sectional community based survey of 30 districts. PLoS ONE 6, e24160. , , et al. (
- 2007) Diabetes and the risk of tuberculosis: a neglected threat to public health. Chronic Illness 3, 228–245. , , et al. (
- 2012) Prevalence of diabetes and pre-diabetes and associated risk factors among tuberculosis patients in India. PLoS ONE 7, e41367. , , et al. (
- World Health Organization (2009) Treatment of Tuberculosis Guidelines. 4th edn. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. WHO/HTM/TB/2009.420.
- World Health Organization (2012) Global Tuberculosis Report 2012. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. WHO/HTM/TB/2012.6.
- World Health Organization and The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (2011) Provisional Collaborative Framework for Care and Control of Tuberculosis and Diabetes, World Health Organization, Geneva.