Members of Tuberculosis-Diabetes Study Group are in Appendix 1.
Screening of patients with tuberculosis for diabetes mellitus in India
Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 18, Issue 5, pages 636–645, May 2013
How to Cite
India Tuberculosis-Diabetes Study Group (2013), Screening of patients with tuberculosis for diabetes mellitus in India. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 18: 636–645. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12084
- Issue online: 10 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2013
- 2011) The impact of diabetes on tuberculosis treatment outcomes: a systematic review. BMC Medicine 9, 81. , , et al. (
- 2012) High diabetes prevalence among tuberculosis cases in Kerala, India. PLoS ONE 7, e46502. , , et al. (
- Central Tuberculosis Division(2005) Technical and Operational Guidelines for Tuberculosis Control, Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme. Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, India.
- 2011) National, regional, and global trends in fasting plasma glucose and diabetes prevalence since 1980: systematic analysis of health examination surveys and epidemiological studies with 370 country-years and 2.7 million participants. Lancet 378, 31–40. , , et al. (
- Directorate General of Health Services, India(2010) National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke (NPCDCS). Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. http://health.bih.nic.in/Docs/Guidelines-NPCDCS.pdf
- 2009) Tuberculosis and diabetes mellitus: convergence of two epidemics. The Lancet Infectious Diseases 9, 737–746. & (
- 1978) Study of the diabetic status in pulmonary tuberculosis. Journal of Diabetes Association of India 18, 191–197. , , , & (
- 2012) Type 2 diabetes mellitus in India. South Asia Network for Chronic Diseases, New Delhi. http://www.sancd.org/uploads/pdf/factsheet_diabetes.pdf (accessed 29 October 2012) (
- 2011) Diabetes mellitus and HIV as co-morbidities in tuberculosis patients or rural south India. Journal of Infection and Public Health 4, 140–144. , , , & (
- International Diabetes Federation(2011) IDF Diabetes atlas, 5th edn. International Diabetes Federation, Brussels. http://www.eatlas.idf.org (accessed 29 November 2012).
- International Expert Committee (2009) International expert committee report on the role of the a1c assay in the diagnosis of diabetes. Diabetes Care 32, 1327–1334.
- 2008) Diabetes mellitus increases the risk of active tuberculosis: a systematic review of 13 observational studies. PLoS Medicine 5, e152. & (
- 2010) Bi-directional screening for tuberculosis and diabetes: a systematic review. Tropical Medicine and International Health 15, 1300–1314. , , et al. (
- 1973) Manifest, chemical and latent chemical diabetes in pulmonary tuberculosis. Journal of the Association of Physicians of India 21, 875–881. , , , & (
- 2010) Utility of glycated hemoglobin in diagnosing type 2 diabetes mellitus: a community-based study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 95, 2832–2835. , , et al. (
- 2012) Screening of patients with tuberculosis for diabetes mellitus in China. Tropical Medicine & International Health 17, 1294–1301. , , et al. (
- 1990) The significance of glucose intolerance in pulmonary tuberculosis. Tubercle 71, 135–138. & (
- 1998) Evaluation of the use of fasting plasma glucose as a new diagnostic criterion for diabetes in Asian Indian population. Diabetes Care 21, 666–667. , , & (
- 2010) Diabetes in Asia. Lancet 375, 408–418. , & (
- 2010) Implications of the global increase of diabetes for tuberculosis control and patient care. Tropical Medicine and International Health 15, 1289–1299. , , , & (
- 1984) Impaired glucose tolerance in active pulmonary tuberculosis. The Indian Journal of Tuberculosis 31, 118–121. , & (
- 2007) Diabetes and the risk of tuberculosis: a neglected threat to public health. Chronic Illness 3, 228–245. , , et al. (
- 2012) Prevalence of diabetes and pre-diabetes and associated risk factors among tuberculosis patients in India. PLoS ONE 7, e41367. , , et al. (
- World Health Organization (2012) Global Tuberculosis Report 2012. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. WHO/HTM/TB/2012.6.
- World Health Organization(2006) Definition and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and intermediate hyperglycaemia. Summary of Technical Report and Recommendations, Geneva, Switzerland.
- World Health Organization(2009) Treatment of Tuberculosis Guidelines, 4th edn. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. WHO/HTM/TB/2009.420.
- World Health Organization(2011). Use of glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c) in the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus: abbreviated report of a WHO consultation.WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/report-hba1c_2011_edited.pdf (accessed 14 September 2011).
- World Health Organization and The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease(2011) Provisional Collaborative Framework for care and control of Tuberculosis and Diabetes.
- 2010) Prevalence of diabetes among men and women in China. New England Journal of Medicine 362, 1090–1101. , , et al. (