Unnecessary injecting of medicines is still a major public health challenge globally
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 1157–1159, September 2013
How to Cite
Gore, C., Lazarus, J. V., Peck, R. J. J., Sperle, I. and Safreed-Harmon, K. (2013), Unnecessary injecting of medicines is still a major public health challenge globally. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 18: 1157–1159. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12151
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2013
- 2006) The cost of unsafe injections in Pakistan and challenges for prevention program. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan 16, 622–4. , & (
- 2009) Injection prescribing patterns in public health care facilities in Egypt. East Mediterranean Health Journal 15, 1440–8. , , , , & (
- 2011) A comprehensive situation assessment of injection practices in primary health care hospitals in Bangladesh. BMC Public Health 11, 779. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-11-779. , , et al. (
- 2005) Innovation, diffusion and safety of a medical technology: a review of the literature on injection practices. Social Science and Medicine 60, 1133–47. (
- Safe Injection Global Network (2011) Advocacy Booklet. http://www.who.int/injection_safety/sign/sign_advocacy_booklet.pdf.
- Safe Injection Global Network. Report of the SIGN2010 meeting. http://www.who.int/injection_safety/toolbox/sign2010_meeting.pdf.
- 1999) Unsafe injections in the developing world and transmission of bloodborne pathogens: a review. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 77, 789–800. , , , & (
- World Health Organization (2003) Managing an injection safety policy. http://www.who.int/injection_safety/toolbox/en/ManagingInjectionSafety.pdf
- World Health Organization (2010) WHO best practices for injections and related procedures toolkit. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241599252_eng.pdf
- World Health Organization (2013) Global Policy Report on the Prevention and Control of Viral Hepatitis in WHO Member States Geneva.
- 2006) Study on the injection practices of health facilities in Jingzhou district, Hubei, China. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences 60, 407–16. , , , , & (