Practical dosing of praziquantel for schistosomiasis in preschool-aged children
Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd The World Health Organization retains copyright and all other rights in the manuscript of this [Practical dosing of praziquantel for schistosomiasis in preschool-aged children] as submitted for publication.
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 1085–1089, September 2013
How to Cite
Olliaro, P. L., Vaillant, M., Hayes, D. J., Montresor, A. and Chitsulo, L. (2013), Practical dosing of praziquantel for schistosomiasis in preschool-aged children. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 18: 1085–1089. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12152
- Issue online: 12 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2013
- 2009) Estimating regional centile curves from mixed data sources and countries. Statistics in Medicine 28, 2891–2911. Epub 2009/08/20. , , , , & (
- 2008) Drugs for treating urinary schistosomiasis. Cochrane Database of Systematic Review CD000053. Epub 2008/07/23. , , & (
- 2013) Drugs for treating Schistosoma mansoni infection. Cochrane Database of Systematic Review 2, CD000528. Epub 2013/03/02. , , , & (
- 2011) Development of Age and Height Based Dosing Regimens for Antimalarials as Alternatives to Weight-Based Dose Regimens [Doctoral Thesis]. Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool. (
- 2001) Development and validation of a ‘tablet pole’ for the administration of praziquantel in sub-Saharan Africa. Transactions of the Royal Society Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 95, 542–544. Epub 2001/11/15. , , , , & (
- 2013) Schistosomiasis Treatment for Preschool Children. Leiden [cited 2013 05/04/2013]. Available from: http://www.tipharma.com/pharmaceutical-research-projects/infectious-diseases/schistosomiasis.html. (
- 2012) Treatment of schistosomiasis in African infants and preschool-aged children: downward extension and biometric optimization of the current praziquantel dose pole. International Health 4, 95–102. Epub 2012/08/10. , & (
- 2007) Schistosomiasis in African infants and preschool children: to treat or not to treat? Trends in Parasitology 23, 83–86. Epub 2007/01/24. & (
- 2013) Schistosomiasis in African infants and preschool children: let them now be treated! Trends in Parasitology 29, 197–205. Epub 2013/03/08. , , , & (
- World Health Organization (2006) Preventive Chemotherapy in Human Helminthiasis: Coordinated Use of Anthelminthic Drugs in Control Interventions: A Manual for Health Professionals and Programme Managers. WHO, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (2010) Report of a Meeting to Review the Results of Studies on the Treatment of Schistosomiasis in Pre-School-Age Children. 13–14 September 2010. Report No, Geneva, Switzerland.