Climate change, child health and the role of the paediatric profession in under-resourced settings
Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 1053–1056, September 2013
How to Cite
Kiang, K., Graham, S. and Farrant, B. (2013), Climate change, child health and the role of the paediatric profession in under-resourced settings. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 18: 1053–1056. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12153
- Issue online: 12 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2013
- 2003) The impact of climate change on child health. Ambulatory Pediatrics : The Official Journal of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association 3, 44–52. , , et al. (
- 2000) Effect of El Nino and ambient temperature on hospital admissions for diarrhoeal diseases in Peruvian children. Lancet 355, 442–450. , , et al. (
- DARA (2012) Climate Vulnerable Forum. Climate Vulnerability Monitor. A Guide to the Cold Calculus of a Hot Planet, 2nd edn. Estudis Graficos Europeos, S.A., Spain.
- 2010) Climate change and health research in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. EcoHealth 7, 156–175. , & (
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (2007) Climate Change 2007 – Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2007. Cambridge, UK and New York, NY, USA.
- 2010) Overview of Health Considerations within National Adaption Programmes of Action for Climate Change in Least Developed Countries and Small Island States. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland. , , et al. (
- 2006) Climate change and human health: present and future risks. Lancet 367, 859–869. , & (
- 2008) Global environmental change and health: impacts, inequalities, and the health sector. BMJ 336, 191–194. , , et al. (
- 2012) An ill wind? Climate change, migration, and health. Environmental Health Perspectives 120, 646–654. , & (
- 2009). Climate Change: Impact on Agriculture and Costs of Adaptation. International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington, D.C. , , et al. (
- 2007) Climate change and global health: quantifying a growing ethical crisis. EcoHealth 4, 397–405. , , et al. (
- 2009) Climate change and health in sub-Saharan Africa: a case-based perspective. EcoHealth 6, 52–57. & (
- 2012) Weather conditions and population level mortality in resource-poor settings - understanding the past before projecting the future. Global Health Action 5, 2–5. , & (
- Save the Children UK (2007). Legacy of Disasters: The Impact of Climate Change on Children. Save the Children, UK.
- 2011) Global climate change and children's health: threats and strategies for prevention. Environmental Health Perspectives 119, 291–298. & (
- 2001) The influence of climate variation and change on diarrheal disease in the Pacific Islands. Environmental Health Perspectives 109, 155–159. , , et al. (
- 2012) Contraction and convergence: the best possible solution to the twin problems of climate change and inequity. BMJ 344, e1765. (
- United Nations Development Programme (2011) Human Development Report 2011: Sustainability and Equity: A Better Future for All. United Nations Development Programme, USA. ISBN: 9780230363311.
- United Nations Development Programme (2013) Human Development Report 2013: The Rise of the South: Human Progress in a Diverse World. United Nations Development Programme. ISBN 978-92-1-126340-4.
- 2009) Public health benefits of strategies to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions: household energy. Lancet 374, 1917–1929. , , et al. (
- World Health Organization (2009) Health Care Without Harm. Healthy hospitals, Healthy Planet, Healthy People: Addressing Climate Change in Health Care Settings. World Health Organization.
- World Health Organization (2011). World Malaria Report 2011. World Health Organization, Geneva.