Migration and access to maternal healthcare: determinants of adequate antenatal care and institutional delivery among socio-economically disadvantaged migrants in Delhi, India
Article first published online: 6 AUG 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 18, Issue 10, pages 1202–1210, October 2013
How to Cite
Kusuma, Y. S., Kumari, R. and Kaushal, S. (2013), Migration and access to maternal healthcare: determinants of adequate antenatal care and institutional delivery among socio-economically disadvantaged migrants in Delhi, India. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 18: 1202–1210. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12166
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 6 AUG 2013
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- 2012) Are marginalized women being left behind? A population-based study of institutional deliveries in Karnataka, India. BMC Public Health 12, 12–30. , , , , & (
- 2010) Primary healthcare services among a migrant indigenous population living in an eastern Indian city. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health 12, 53–59. , , & (
- 2012) Emerging infectious diseases: the role of social sciences. Lancet, 380, 1884–1886. , , & (
- Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (2009) Economic Survey 2008–09, Chapter 3, Demographic Profile. Available at: http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/15d391804e9d2ae9a68daeb6d621e583⁄Demographic+Profile.pdf?MOD=AJPERES (accessed on 25 March 2010).
- 2011) Care of the migrant obstetric population. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia 20, 321–329. , & (
- 2013) Migrant women's utilization of prenatal care: a systematic review. Maternal and Child Health Journal 17, 816–836. , , et al. (
- 2000) Applied Logistic Regression, 2nd edn. John Wiley & Sons Inc, New York. & (
- International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) and Macro International (2009) National Family Health Survey (NFHS-3), India 2005–06. IIPS, Delhi, Mumbai.
- International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) and Macro International (2007) National Family Health Survey (NFHS-3) 2005–06, Volume 1. IIPS, Mumbai, India.
- 2011) Factors affecting the use of maternal health services in Madhya Pradesh state of India: a multilevel analysis. International Journal for Equity in Health, 10, 59. , & (
- 2009) Poor perinatal care practices in urban slums: possible role of social mobilization networks. Indian Journal of Community Medicine: Official Publication of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine, 4, 102–107. , , , & (
- 2010) Migration and immunization: determinants of childhood immunization uptake among socioeconomically disadvantaged migrants in Delhi, India. Tropical Medicine & International Health 15, 1326–1332. , , & (
- 1989) The impact of confounder selection criteria on effect of estimation. American Journal of Epidemiology, 129, 125–137. & (
- National Sample Survey Organization (2010) Migration in India 2007–2008. NSS 64th Round (July 2007 – June 2008). National Sample Survey Office, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, Government of India.
- 2011) ANC and morbidity profile of pregnant women in an urban resettlement colony of Delhi, India. East African Journal of Public Health, 8, 157–160. , & (
- 2002) Economic transition and maternal health care for internal migrants in Shanghai, China. Health Policy and Planning, 17 (Suppl), 47–55. , & (
- 2012) Examining the effect of house h old wealth and migration status on safe delivery care in urban India 1992–2006. PLoS ONE, 7, e44901. , & (
- 2006) Immunization coverage among migrant tribal children in slums of Orissa. Indian Pediatrics, 43, 1011–1013. & (
- United Nations Development Programme (2009) Human Development Report 2009: Overcoming Barriers: Human Mobility and Development. UNDP, New York. Available at http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR_2009_EN_Complete.pdf (accessed on 12 October 2010).
- 2011) ANC service utilization in tribal and rural areas in a South Indian district: an evaluation through mixed methods approach. Journal of the Egyptian Public Health Association, 86, 11–15. , & (
- World Health Organization (2008) The 61st World Health Assembly, Migrants health, WHA61.17. Available at http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/A61/A61_R17-en.pdf (accessed on 11 December 2010).
- 1994) Maternal and child health in urban Sabah, Malaysia: a comparison of citizens and migrants. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 7, 151–158. , , & (