Treatment outcomes in a cohort of Palestine refugees with diabetes mellitus followed through use of E-Health over 3 years in Jordan
Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 219–223, February 2014
How to Cite
Khader, A., Ballout, G., Shahin, Y., Hababeh, M., Farajallah, L., Zeidan, W., Abu-Zayed, I., Kochi, A., Harries, A. D., Zachariah, R., Kapur, A., Shaikh, I. and Seita, A. (2014), Treatment outcomes in a cohort of Palestine refugees with diabetes mellitus followed through use of E-Health over 3 years in Jordan. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 19: 219–223. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12241
- Issue online: 20 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2013
- Nuzha Primary Health Care Clinic
- 2011) Applying lessons learnt from the “DOTS” Tuberculosis Model to monitoring and evaluating persons with diabetes mellitus in Blantyre, Malawi. Tropical Medicine & International Health 16, 1077–1084. , , et al. (
- 2012) Measuring progress on NCDs: one goal and five targets. Lancet 380, 1283–1285. , , et al. (
- 2012) Cessation assistance reported by smokers in 15 countries participating in the International Tobacco Control (ITC) policy evaluation surveys. Addiction 107, 197–205. , , et al. (
- International Diabetes Federation (2012) IDF Diabetes Atlas. Update 2012. Fifth Edition. Available at: http://www.idf.org/sites/default/files/attachments/5E_IDFAtlasPoster_2012_EN.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=IDF%20Diabetes%20Atlas%202012%20Update&utm_content=IDF%20Diabetes%20Atlas%202012%20Update+Preview+CID_720a5262162f1f585ba9fc8ca39fef30&utm_source=campaignmonitor&utm_term=English (accessed 5 December 2013).
- 2012a) Cohort monitoring of persons with hypertension: an illustrated example from a primary healthcare clinic for Palestine refugees in Jordan. Tropical Medicine & International Health 17, 1163–1170. , , et al. (
- 2012b) Cohort monitoring of persons with diabetes mellitus in a primary healthcare clinic for Palestine refugees in Jordan. Tropical Medicine & International Health 17, 1569–1576. , , et al. (
- 2012) Quality of life in type 2 diabetes mellitus after a very low calorie diet and exercise. European Journal of Internal Medicine 23, 143–149. , , et al. (
- UNRWA (2009) Technical Instructions and Management Protocols on Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases. UNRWA Health Department: Technical Instruction Series: Number HD/DC/01/1997. Revision No.4 – June 2009.
- UNRWA (2013) Health Department Annual Report 2012. United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East, Amman, Jordan.
- 2011) Weight loss, exercise, or both and physical function in obese older adults. New England Journal of Medicine 364, 1218–1229. , , et al. (
- World Health Organization (2006). Definition and Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus and Intermediate Hyperglycaemia. Summary of Technical Report and Recommendations. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland.
- World Health Organization (2012) A Comprehensive Global Monitoring Framework, Including Indicators, and a Set of Voluntary Global Targets for the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases. 25 July, 2012. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. Available at: http://www.who.int/nmh/events/2012/discussion_paper3.pdf (Accessed 5 December 2013).
- 2007) True outcomes for patients on antiretroviral therapy who are “lost to follow-up” in Malawi. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 85, 550–554. , , et al. (