Four-year retention and risk factors for attrition among members of community ART groups in Tete, Mozambique
Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 19, Issue 5, pages 514–521, May 2014
How to Cite
Decroo, T., Koole, O., Remartinez, D., dos Santos, N., Dezembro, S., Jofrisse, M., Rasschaert, F., Biot, M. and Laga, M. (2014), Four-year retention and risk factors for attrition among members of community ART groups in Tete, Mozambique. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 19: 514–521. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12278
- Issue online: 10 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2014
- 2011) Four-year treatment outcomes of adult patients enrolled in Mozambique's rapidly expanding antiretroviral therapy program. PLoS One 6, e18453. , , et al. (
- 2009) Risk factors and true outcomes for lost to follow-up individuals in an antiretroviral treatment programme in Tete, Mozambique. International health 1, 97–101. , , et al. (
- 2009) Lessons learned during down referral of antiretroviral treatment in Tete, Mozambique. Journal of the International AIDS Society 12, 6. , , et al. (
- 2011) Distribution of antiretroviral treatment through self-forming groups of patients in Tete Province, Mozambique. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 56, e39–e44. , , et al. (
- 2013) Scaling Up Community ART Groups in Mozambique. International STD Research & Reviews 1, 49–59. , , et al. (
- 2013) Male sex and the risk of mortality among individuals enrolled in antiretroviral therapy programs in Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis. AIDS 27, 417–425. , , et al. (
- 2012) Improved survival and antiretroviral treatment outcomes in adults receiving community-based adherence support: 5-year results from a multicentre cohort study in South Africa. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 61, e50–e58. , , , & (
- 2010) Patient retention in antiretroviral therapy programs up to three years on treatment in sub-Saharan Africa, 2007–2009: systematic review. Tropical medicine & international health 15, 1–15. & (
- 2012) Risk factors, barriers and facilitators for linkage to antiretroviral therapy care: a systematic review. AIDS 26, 2059–2067. , & (
- 2011) Early mortality in adults initiating antiretroviral therapy (ART) in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC): a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS One 6, e28691. , , et al. (
- 2013) Decentralising HIV treatment in lower- and middle-income countries. Cochrane Database Systematic Review 6, CD009987. , , & (
- 2013) Integration of HIV care and treatment in primary health care centers and patient retention in central Mozambique: a retrospective cohort study. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 62, e146–e152. , , et al. (
- 2011) Male gender predicts mortality in a large cohort of patients receiving antiretroviral therapy in Uganda. Journal of the International AIDS Society 14, 52. , , et al. (
- Ministry of Health Mozambique (2010). Inquérito Nacional de Prevalência, Riscos Comportamentais e Informação sobre o HIV e SIDA em Moçambique (INSIDA). Ministry of Health Mozambique, Maputo, Mozambique.
- Ministry of Health Mozambique (2012a). Programa de Tratamento Antiretroviral (TARV)-dados TARV nacionais. Ministry of Health Mozambique, Maputo, Mozambique.
- Ministry of Health Mozambique (2012b). Global AIDS Response Progress Report for the Period 2010–2011, Mozambique. Ministry of Health Mozambique, Maputo, Mozambique.
- 2011) Positive spill-over effects of ART scale up on wider health systems development: evidence from Ethiopia and Malawi. Journal of the International AIDS Society 14, S3. , , et al. (
- 2013) High HIV testing uptake and linkage to care in a novel program of home-based HIV counseling and testing with facilitated referral in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 64, e1–e8. , , et al. (
- 2012) Outcomes of antiretroviral treatment programs in rural Southern Africa. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 59, e9–e16. , , et al. (
- WHO (2012) Global HIV/AIDS response. Epidemic update and health sector progress towards Universal Access. Progress report 2011. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland.
- WHO (2013a). Global Update on HIV Treatment 2013: Results, Impacts and Opportunities. Switzerland, Geneva.
- WHO (2013b). Consolidated Guidelines on the use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection. Recommendations for a Public Health Approach. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2012) Impact of community-based support services on antiretroviral treatment programme delivery and outcomes in resource-limited countries: a synthetic review. BMC health services research 12, 194. , , , & (