Current status of potential organ donation in cases of lethal fetal anomaly
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
© 2013 Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Volume 15, Issue 3, pages 184–188, July 2013
How to Cite
Current status of potential organ donation in cases of lethal fetal anomaly. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist 2013;15:184–8..
- Issue published online: 12 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 12 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 5 SEP 2011
- 1Trends in neural tube defects. Health Statistics Quarterly 2011;10:5–13..
- 4American Medical Association. Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs. The Use of Anencephalic Neonates as Organ Donors—Reconsidered. Unpublished meeting proceedings, AMA Interim Meeting, December 1995, Chicago, IL, USA.
- 5[No authors listed] Use of anencephalic newborns as organ donors. Paediatr Child Health 2005;10:335–7.
- 7Department of Health and Social Security. Report of a working party on organ transplantation in neonates. In: Proceedings of the Conference of Medical Royal Colleges and their Faculties in the United Kingdom. London: Department of Health and Social Security; 1988
- 8British Paediatric Association. Diagnosis of Brain-Stem Death in Infants and Children. London; Conference of Medical Royal Colleges and their Faculties in the United Kingdom; 1991.
- 9Academy of Medical Royal Colleges. A Code of Practice for the Diagnosis and Confirmation of Death. London: Academy of Medical Royal Colleges; 2008
- 13Uniform Determination of Death Act 1980.
- 14Diagnosis of brain death. Statement issued by the honorary secretary of the Conference of Medical Royal Colleges and their Faculties in the United Kingdom on 11 October 1976. Br Med J 1976; 2:1187–8.
- 15Re A  3 Med LR 303. 2010.
- 16R v Malcherek and Steel  2 All ER 422. 2011.
- 19Does anyone survive neocortical death. In: Zaner R, editor. Death: Beyond Whole-Brain Criteria. Dordrecht, Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers; 1988. p. 75–90.
- 29Re A (Male Sterilisation)  1 FLR 549. 2000. 2011.
- 30The Human Tissue Act 2004.
- 31FIGO Committee for the Study of Ethical Aspects of Human Reproduction and Women's Health. Ethical Issues in Obstetrics and Gynecology. London: FIGO; 2012 [http://www.figo.org/files/figo-corp/English%20Ethical%20Issues%20in%20Obstetrics%20and%20Gynecology.pdf].