Management of vault prolapse
Correspondence: K Ramalingam. Email: email@example.com
- Vaginal wall prolapse is increasing in incidence with improvement in life expectancy.
- Conservative and surgical treatments exist.
- Treatment should be tailored to individual needs depending on prolapse symptoms, sexual function and co-existing medical conditions.
- Indications, expertise required and complications of different procedures should be explored with available evidence.
- Recognise the presentation of vaginal vault prolapse.
- Learn about different options available for the treatment of vaginal vault prolapse.
- Understand the limitations and complications of different procedures and counsel patients appropriately.
- Should procedures that improve quality of life be performed in elderly patients with comorbid conditions?
- Should simpler surgical treatments such as colpocleisis or vaginal surgery be performed to be more cost-effective compared with laparoscopic or robotic procedures?
- How safe is it to use mesh in vault prolapse by the abdominal or vaginal route?