The relevance of non-technical skills in obstetrics and gynaecology
- The non-technical skills (NTS) as identified in the literature.
- Developments in NTS training.
- Current assessment practices and approaches to skills assessment in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Potential use of assessments of NTS in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Describe the NTS required in obstetrics and gynaecology and their relationship to performance.
- Develop an awareness of how these skills may be formally assessed and the potential role of NTS feedback.
- What are the ethical issues relating to the involvement of trainees in education research at the same time as performing an assessment?
- Is another assessment feasible within the constraints of our training programme?