Enhanced recovery in gynaecology
- Enhanced recovery pathways improve the quality and experience of care for patients undergoing elective gynaecology surgery.
- Enhanced recovery pathways enable patients to recover more quickly and leave hospital sooner.
- Enhanced recovery pathways reduce physical and psychological stress on patients.
- Enhanced recovery pathways involve patients in their own care, which leads to better outcomes.
- To understand the principles and benefits of enhanced recovery pathways.
- To share learning and experience of enhanced recovery pathways.
- Further research in the form of a randomised controlled trial of enhanced recovery versus ‘old fashioned’ care would be difficult as denying aspects of care would not be ethical.