Hepatitis B virus testing by minipool nucleic acid testing: does it improve blood safety?
Version of Record online: 22 APR 2013
© 2013 American Association of Blood Banks
Special Issue: Thirty Years of Progress since Recognition of Transfusion-Associated AIDS
Volume 53, Issue 10pt2, pages 2449–2458, October 2013
How to Cite
Stramer, S. L., Notari, E. P., Krysztof, D. E. and Dodd, R. Y. (2013), Hepatitis B virus testing by minipool nucleic acid testing: does it improve blood safety?. Transfusion, 53: 2449–2458. doi: 10.1111/trf.12213
- Issue online: 4 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 22 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 JAN 2013
- 2Prevalence, incidence, and residual risk of human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus infections among United States blood donors since the introduction of nucleic acid testing. Transfusion 2010;50:1495-1504., , , , , , , .
- 6Sensitivity comparison of two Food and Drug Administration-licensed, triplex nucleic acid test automated assays for hepatitis B virus DNA detection and associated projections of United States yield. Transfusion 2011;51:2012-2022., , , , , , , , , .
- 8Gen-Probe, Incorporated. Procleix® Ultrio® Assay product insert: 502165, Rev. A. 2011. San Diego CA, USA.
- 9US Food and Drug Administration. Guidance for industry: use of nucleic acid tests on pooled and individual samples from donors of whole blood and blood components, including source plasma, to reduce the risk of transmission of hepatitis B virus. Oct 2012 [cited 2012 Dec 2]. Available from: URL: http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/Blood/ucm327850.htm
- 10Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. cobas® Ampliscreen HBV Test, product insert: 03599779 190, Rev. 4. 10/2007. Branchburg NJ, USA.
- 16Titration of hepatitis B virus infectivity in the sera of pre-acute and late acute phases of HBV infection: transmission experiments to chimeric mice with human liver repopulated hepatocytes. J Med Virol 2008;80:2064-2068., , , , , , , , .
- 18Gen-Probe, Incorporated. Procleix® Ultrio Plus® Assay product insert: 502432, Rev. 7. 2012. San Diego CA, USA.