JAG and PP contributed equally to this paper.
DONOR-RELATED INFECTION RISK
Evaluation of an ethidium monoazide–enhanced 16S rDNA real-time polymerase chain reaction assay for bacterial screening of platelet concentrates and comparison with automated culture
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Transfusion published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of AABB.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Special Issue: Donating Blood: Who? Why? What of It?
Volume 54, Issue 3pt2, pages 870–878, March 2014
How to Cite
Garson, J. A., Patel, P., McDonald, C., Ball, J., Rosenberg, G., Tettmar, K. I., Brailsford, S. R., Pitt, T. and Tedder, R. S. (2014), Evaluation of an ethidium monoazide–enhanced 16S rDNA real-time polymerase chain reaction assay for bacterial screening of platelet concentrates and comparison with automated culture. Transfusion, 54: 870–878. doi: 10.1111/trf.12256
Supported by the NHS Blood and Transplant Blood Safety Programme.
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 FEB 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 1Analysis of bacterial communities and bacterial pathogens in a biogas plant by the combination of ethidium monoazide, PCR and Ion Torrent sequencing, Water Research, 2014, 60, 156, ,