This work was supported by the Austrian Science Fund FWF (P25015-B13) to T.N. Hartmann and W1213 (ICA PhD program), the “SCRI-LIMCR GmbH” and the province of Salzburg.
TRANSPLANTATION AND CELLULAR ENGINEERING
The CXCR4 and adhesion molecule expression of CD34+ hematopoietic cells mobilized by “on-demand” addition of plerixafor to granulocyte–colony-stimulating factor
Article first published online: 28 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Transfusion published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of AABB.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 54, Issue 9, pages 2325–2335, September 2014
How to Cite
Girbl, T., Lunzer, V., Greil, R., Namberger, K. and Hartmann, T. N. (2014), The CXCR4 and adhesion molecule expression of CD34+ hematopoietic cells mobilized by “on-demand” addition of plerixafor to granulocyte–colony-stimulating factor. Transfusion, 54: 2325–2335. doi: 10.1111/trf.12632
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2014
- Article first published online: 28 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 24 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 12 NOV 2013
- Austrian Science Fund FWF. Grant Numbers: P25015-B13, W1213
- SCRI-LIMCR GmbH
- 36Augmented mobilization and collection of CD34+ hematopoietic cells from normal human volunteers stimulated with granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor by single-dose administration of AMD3100, a CXCR4 antagonist. Transfusion 2005;45:295-300., , , et al.
- 37Phase III prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of plerixafor plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor compared with placebo plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for autologous stem-cell mobilization and transplantation for patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:4767-4773., , , et al.
- 40AMD3100 plus G-CSF can successfully mobilize CD34+ cells from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and multiple myeloma patients previously failing mobilization with chemotherapy and/or cytokine treatment: compassionate use data. Bone Marrow Transplant 2008;41:331-338., , , et al.
- 41Mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells for autologous transplant in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and multiple myeloma patients by plerixafor and G-CSF and detection of tumor cell mobilization by PCR in multiple myeloma patients. Bone Marrow Transplant 2010;45:269-275., , , et al.
- 43Plerixafor and granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) in patients with lymphoma and multiple myeloma previously failing mobilization with G-CSF with or without chemotherapy for autologous hematopoietic stem cell mobilization: the Austrian experience on a named patient program. Transfusion 2011;51:968-975., , , et al.
- 45ESH-EBMT handbook on haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. 2008 edition. [cited 2014 Jan 21]. Available from: http://www.esh.org/esh-ebmt-handbook-on-haematopoietic-stem-cell-transplantation-2008/, , , et al., editors.
- 62Beyond CD34+ cell dose: impact of method of peripheral blood hematopoietic stem cell mobilization (granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor [G-CSF], G-CSF plus plerixafor, or cyclophosphamide G-CSF/granulocyte-macrophage [GM]-CSF) on number of colony-forming unit-GM, engraftment, and Day +100 hematopoietic graft function. Transfusion 2011;51:1995-2000., , , et al.