This study was supported financially by CSL Behring GmbH, Marburg, Germany.
Biochemical comparison of four commercially available C1 esterase inhibitor concentrates for treatment of hereditary angioedema
Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Transfusion published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of AABB.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Volume 54, Issue 10, pages 2566–2573, October 2014
How to Cite
Feussner, A., Kalina, U., Hofmann, P., Machnig, T. and Henkel, G. (2014), Biochemical comparison of four commercially available C1 esterase inhibitor concentrates for treatment of hereditary angioedema. Transfusion, 54: 2566–2573. doi: 10.1111/trf.12678
- Issue online: 10 OCT 2014
- Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 25 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 8 NOV 2013
- CSL Behring GmbH, Marburg, Germany
- 3C1-inhibitor. In: Bertolini J, Goss N, Curling J, et al., editors. Production of plasma proteins for therapeutic use. Hoboken (NJ): John Wiley & Sons; 2013. p. 241-258., , , et al.
- 92010 International consensus algorithm for the diagnosis, therapy, and management of hereditary angioedema. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 2010;6:24-36., , , et al.
- 10WAO guideline for the management of hereditary angioedema. World Allergy Organ J 2012;5:182-199., , , et al.
- 12European Medicines Agency. Guideline on plasma-derived medicinal products. 21 July 2011 [cited 2104 Apr 16]. Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2011/07/WC500109627.pdf
- 13World Health Organization. WHO 1st International Standard for C1-inhibitor, concentrate, NIBSC code: 08/256. 2010. [cited 2014 Feb 18]. Available from: http://www.nibsc.org/documents/ifu/08-256.pdf
- 15European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & Health Cares. European Pharmacopoia. Technical guide for the elaboration and use of monographs on human plasma-derived products. 2011 [cited 2013 Nov 25]. Available from: https://www.edqm.eu/site/NEW_Technical_Guide_for_the_elaboration_and_use_ofpdf-en-30577-2.html
- 16European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & Health Cares. Pharmeuropa, Pharmeuropa Bio, and Scientific notes. 8th ed. 2014. [cited 2014 Apr 16]. Available from: http://online.edqm.eu/EN/entry.htm
- 19European Medicines Agency. Cinryze CHMP assessment report. July 2011 [cited 2013 Nov 25]. Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Public_assessment_report/human/001207/WC500108898.pdf
- 20European Medicines Agency. Ruconest CHMP assessment report. 24 June 2010 [cited 2013 Nov 25]. Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Public_assessment_report/human/001223/WC500098546.pdf