Article first published online: 13 FEB 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 155–179, February 2013
How to Cite
Dluhosch, B. and Horgos, D. (2013), (When) Does Tit-for-tat Diplomacy in Trade Policy Pay Off?. World Economy, 36: 155–179. doi: 10.1111/twec.12012
Notably, this does not apply to what has been dubbed by Bhagwati (1990, 1312 et seq.) ‘aggressive unilateralism’, that is, the threat of a country to close its markets for foreign competitors in order to extract trade ’concessions’ from the other country. See also Silverman (1996) for a critical evaluation.
- Issue published online: 13 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 13 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!