The authors acknowledge and thank the Asian Development Bank for permission to use their data set for the household-level analysis. We also thank Eliana Jimenez, Elizabeth Kenny and Xinran Liu for their invaluable assistance in preparing this paper, and the valuable comments on earlier drafts from Sambit Battacharyya, Paul Collier, Karlygash Kuralbayeva, Simon Quinn and Rick van der Ploeg, Department of Economics, Oxford, as well as participants at the CSAE 2011 Conference, Oxford, and the Migration, Economic Change, Social Challenge Conference, UCL, London, 2011 and University of Groningen, School of Economics Seminar, March 2011. We also thank the editors and referees for their useful comments and suggestions.
Migrants’ Remittances and Financial Development: Macro- and Micro-Level Evidence of a Perverse Relationship
Article first published online: 16 JAN 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Volume 36, Issue 5, pages 636–660, May 2013
How to Cite
Brown, R. P. C., Carmignani, F. and Fayad, G. (2013), Migrants’ Remittances and Financial Development: Macro- and Micro-Level Evidence of a Perverse Relationship. World Economy, 36: 636–660. doi: 10.1111/twec.12016
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 16 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!