The data used in this work are from the ISTAT Annual Report, 2006. All elaborations have been conducted at the ISTAT “Laboratorio per l'Analisi dei Dati ELEmentari” under the respect of the law on the statistic secret and the personal data protection. The results and the opinions expressed in this paper are exclusive responsibility of the authors and, by no means, represent official statistics. We are grateful to Italo Colantone, Davide Castellani, Fabio Fiorillo, Alfredo Minerva and Stefano Staffolani for their useful suggestions. Also, we wish to thank participants at the LETC conference 2011 in Ljubljana, at the CAED conference 2012 in Nürnberg and at the ITSG conference 2012 in Catania for useful advice and discussions.
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 93–120, January 2013
How to Cite
Turco, A. L. and Maggioni, D. (2013), On the Role of Imports in Enhancing Manufacturing Exports. World Economy, 36: 93–120. doi: 10.1111/twec.12020
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!