This paper was prepared for the lecture that I presented at The World Economy China Annual Lecture on 3 November 2011 at University of Nottingham Ningbo Campus. I am grateful to Professor David Greenaway, the vice chancellor of the University of Nottingham, and the editor of The World Economy, for his kind invitation, and to Professor Shujie Yao for his encouragement. Thanks also go to my students, Ziying Fan, Shiyi Chen, Changyuan Luo, Xiaofeng Liu and Dongbo Tang for their excellent research assistance. Participants of the lecture are gratefully acknowledged for their patience and comments.
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Special Issue: GLOBAL TRADE POLICY 2012 Edited by DAVID GREENAWAY
Volume 35, Issue 12, pages 1712–1732, December 2012
How to Cite
Zhang, J. (2012), Zhu Rongji Might Be Right: Understanding the Mechanism of Fast Economic Development in China. World Economy, 35: 1712–1732. doi: 10.1111/twec.12036
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!