This paper has been prepared as part of the PREDIT research contract 04-mt-5036. Financial supports from PREDIT and from CNRS (Combes) are gratefully acknowledged. The authors are also involved in the Marie Curie Research Training Network ‘TOM – transnationality of migrants’ funded by the European Commission (contract: mrtn-ct-2006-035873). We are grateful to David Greenaway and an anonymous referee for constructive suggestions. We are especially indebted to Alain Sauvant and Micheline Travet for providing us with trade data, as well as to Alexandre Kych and Thierry Mayer for precious help in gathering immigration and institution data. We also thank Laurent Gobillon, Farid Toubal, Muriel Barlet and Rodrigo Paillacar for insightful comments and the participants to the CEPR Conference on ‘Trade, Industrialisation and Development’ (Paris, October 2006) and to the RIEF doctorial meeting (Rennes, February 2007), for useful feedback.
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
The World Economy
Volume 37, Issue 1, pages 63–85, January 2014
How to Cite
Briant, A., Combes, P.-P. and Lafourcade, M. (2014), Product Complexity, Quality of Institutions and the Protrade Effect of Immigrants. World Economy, 37: 63–85. doi: 10.1111/twec.12109
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2013
- European Commission. Grant Number: mrtn-ct-2006-035873
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!