The author is grateful to Ronald Bachmann, Thomas K. Bauer, Ingo Geishecker, Alfredo Paloyo, Hendrik Schmitz, and the associate editor, Richard Kneller, for valuable comments on earlier drafts of this paper (which circulated under the title “International Outsourcing, the Nature of Tasks, and Occupational Stability: Empirical Evidence for Germany”). This paper also benefited from comments and discussions at the annual conference of the European Trade Study Group 2008 in Warsaw, the third User Conference on the Analysis of BA and IAB Data in Nuremberg, the 11th Workshop ‘International Economic Relations’ in Göttingen, the International Workshop ‘Poverty and Inequality in the Global Economy’ in Mannheim, and at two seminars of the RGS Econ in Essen and Bochum. The author also thanks the staff at the IAB for hospitality and help with the data. Financial support by the Leibniz Association is gratefully acknowledged. The usual disclaimer applies.
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
The World Economy
Volume 38, Issue 3, pages 479–508, March 2015
How to Cite
Baumgarten, D. (2015), Offshoring, the Nature of Tasks, and Occupational Stability: Empirical Evidence for Germany. World Economy, 38: 479–508. doi: 10.1111/twec.12155
- Issue online: 10 MAR 2015
- Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2014
- Leibniz Association
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!