All images by author, unless otherwise noted.
Becoming Luis: A Photo Essay on Growing up in Bolivia
Article first published online: 7 NOV 2013
© 2013 by the American Anthropological Association
Visual Anthropology Review
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 107–122, Fall 2013
How to Cite
Crowder, J. W. (2013), Becoming Luis: A Photo Essay on Growing up in Bolivia. Visual Anthropology Review, 29: 107–122. doi: 10.1111/var.12008
- Issue published online: 7 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 7 NOV 2013
- 2003 Living on the Edge: A Photographic Essay on Urban Aymara Migrants in El Alto, Bolivia. Visual Anthropology 16(2):263–287.
- 2007 Aymara Migrants in El Alto, Bolivia: A Photographic Essay. In Ethnic Landscapes in a Global World. Vol. 8: Research in Urban Sociology Series. Ray Hutchinson and Jerome Krase , eds. Pp. 181–195. Bingley, UK: Elsevier Press.
- 2011 Sueños Urbanos/Urban Dreams: The Search for a Better Life in Bolivia. Photography exhibit, National Hispanic Cultural Center, Albuquerque.
- 2010 Photography as Ethnographic Passport. Visual Anthropology Review 26(1):25–31.
- 2013 Visual Research: A Concise Introduction to Thinking Visually. London: Bloomsbury. , and
- 2002 Disparate Views of Community in Primary Health Care: Understanding How Perceptions Influence Success. Medical Anthropology Quarterly 16(2):230–247. , and