Sources of Funding: This study was self-funded.
Evidence-based guidelines for anti-allergic drug withdrawal times before allergen-specific intradermal and IgE serological tests in dogs
Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Veterinary Dermatology © 2013 ESVD and ACVD
Volume 24, Issue 2, pages 225–e49, April 2013
How to Cite
Olivry, T., Saridomichelakis, M. (2013), Evidence-based guidelines for anti-allergic drug withdrawal times before allergen-specific intradermal and IgE serological tests in dogs. Veterinary Dermatology, 24: 225–e49. doi: 10.1111/vde.12016
Conflict of Interest: No conflicts of interest have been declared.
The information contained herein was presented during a Workshop in the 7th World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology, Vancouver, Canada, July 2012.
The ICADA now replaces the former International Task Force on Canine Atopic Dermatitis.
- Issue online: 7 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 DEC 2012
- 10Steroid effects on intradermal skin testing in sensitized dogs. In: Proceedings of the American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology & American College of Veterinary Dermatology. Charleston, SC: 1994; 54–55., , et al.
- 11The effects of cyclosporin A and oral prednisolone on flea allergen specific serum IgE and intradermal tests in experimentally sensitized laboratory beagles. Vet Dermatol 2003; 14: 248 (abstract)., , et al.
- 13The effects of corticosteroid treatment on anti-flea saliva IgE, as measured by intradermal skin test and ELISA, in laboratory beagles with experimentally induced flea allergy dermatitis. Vet Dermatol 2000; 11(Suppl. 1): 50 (abstract)., , et al.
- 17Comparative inhibition of intradermal skin test immediate reactions by topical glucocorticoid-containing sprays in atopic dogs. Vet Dermatol 2010; 21: 323 (abstract)., , .
- 19The influence of Mometamax (mometasone furoate) on intradermal test immediate reactions in atopic dogs. Vet Dermatol 2009; 20: 226 (abstract)., .
- 33Reliability of intradermal allergy tests in dogs with atopic dermatitis. Vet Dermatol 2009; 20: 228 (abstract)., , et al.
- 39Nonsteroidal antipruritic drugs in dogs and cats: an update. Bull Can Acad Vet Dermatol 1996; 12: 3–7..
- 40The efficacy of antihistamine fexofenadine versus methylprednisolone in the treatment of atopic dermatitis in dogs. Slov Vet Res 2009; 46: 5–11., , et al.