Sources of Funding: This study was self-funded.
Agreement between allergen-specific IgE assays and ensuing immunotherapy recommendations from four commercial laboratories in the USA
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Veterinary Dermatology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the ESVD and the ACVD.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 15–e6, February 2014
How to Cite
Plant, J. D., Neradelik, M. B., Polissar, N. L., Fadok, V. A. and Scott, B. A. (2014), Agreement between allergen-specific IgE assays and ensuing immunotherapy recommendations from four commercial laboratories in the USA. Veterinary Dermatology, 25: 15–e6. doi: 10.1111/vde.12104
Conflict of Interest: J.D.P. is the owner of RESPIT, LLC.
- Issue published online: 24 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 NOV 2013
- 4Differences in allergy skin testing among dermatologists within the same geographical region in the USA. Vet Dermatol 2012; 23(Suppl 1): 60 (Abstract)..
- 7Muller & Kirk's Small Animal Dermatology, 7th edition. St Louis, MO: Elsevier/Saunders, 2013; 372–380., , .
- 8Multicentre open trial demonstrates efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy in canine atopic dermatitis. Vet Dermatol 2012; 23(Suppl 1): 64 (Abstract)., .
- 9Reliability of intradermal allergy tests in dogs with atopic dermatitis. Vet Dermatol 2009; 20: 228 (Abstract)., , et al.
- 12The reproducibility of three in vitro canine allergy tests: a pilot study. In: Proceedings of Members' Meeting of the American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology and American College of Veterinary Dermatology. Charleston, SC, USA: 1994;16–18..
- 13RAST and ELISA testing in canine atopy. In: RW K, ed. Current Veterinary Therapy X. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders, 1989; 592–595..
- 15Performance characteristics of a monoclonal antibody cocktail-based ELISA for detection of allergen-specific IgE in dogs and comparison with a high affinity IgE receptor-based ELISA. Vet Dermatol 2009; 20: 157–164., , et al.
- 19Biomedical Services website. Affinity-pure polyclonal anti-IgE antibody utilized by Bio-Medical Services. Available at: www.bmslab.com/images/up/File/Affinity%20Purification%20Final.pdf. Accessed Jul 11, 2013.
- 20Detection of insect/arachnid specific IgE in dogs: comparison of two techniques utilizing Western blots as the standard. In: Ihrke PJ, Mason IS, White SD, eds. Advances in Veterinary Dermatology, volume 2, Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1993; 265–266., , .
- 33Injection immunotherapy in the treatment of canine atopic dermatitis: comparison of 3 protocols. In: Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology and American College of Veterinary Dermatology. Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1992; 7–8..