An open, self-controlled study on the efficacy of topical indoxacarb for eliminating fleas and clinical signs of flea-allergy dermatitis in client-owned dogs in Queensland, Australia
Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Veterinary Dermatology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the ESVD and the ACVD.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 195–e49, June 2014
How to Cite
Fisara, P., Sargent, R. M., Shipstone, M., von Berky, A. and von Berky, J. (2014), An open, self-controlled study on the efficacy of topical indoxacarb for eliminating fleas and clinical signs of flea-allergy dermatitis in client-owned dogs in Queensland, Australia. Veterinary Dermatology, 25: 195–e49. doi: 10.1111/vde.12132
Sources of Funding: This study was funded by Merck Animal Health, Summit, NJ, USA, who provided the therapy free of charge.
Conflict of Interest: The authors conducted this study with financial support from Merck Animal Health.
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 JAN 2014
- Merck Animal Health, Summit, NJ, USA
- 1Chapter 45: Flea allergy dermatitis. In: Birchard SJ, Sherding RG, eds. Saunders Manual of Small Animal Practice. 3rd edition. St Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier, 2006; 474–480..
- 10Indoxacarb kills developing stages of fleas in the environment of treated cats. In: Proceedings WSAVA/FECAVA/BSAVA World Congress 2012. Abstract available at: http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?&CID=BSAVA2012&PID=pr83649&O=Generic. Accessed Jan 4, 2014. Poster version available at: http://us.activyl.com/documents/Study-Posters/ACT-74-Activyl-Study-Posters-Indoxacarb-Effect-on-Flea-Development.pdf. Accessed Jan 4, 2014., , et al.
- 11International Cooperation on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Veterinary Medicinal Products (VICH) website. Good Clinical Practices Guideline. Available at: www.vichsec.org/pdf/2000/Gl09_st7.pdf. Accessed Jan 4, 2014.
- 12Muller and Kirk's Small Animal Dermatology. 6th edition. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders Co., 2001; 627–632., , .
- 16Australian code for the care and use of animals for scientific purposes, 7th edition 2004, Australian Government. Available at: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/publications/attachments/ea16.pdf. Accessed Jan 4, 2014.
- 17Generalised Linear Models. London, UK: Chapman and Hall Co., 1983; 193–200., .