I. Information Security Background (Speaker = Kevin McDonald)
- 1.Evolution of Medical Devices
- 2.Living and Working in a Hostile Environment
- 3.Attack Motivations
- 4.Attack Vectors
- 5.Simple Safety Strategies
- 6.Medical Device Security in the News
- 7.Medical Devices and Vendors
II. Keeping Radiation Oncology IT Systems Secure (Speaker = Bruce Curran)
- 1.Hardware Security
- a.Double-lock Requirements
- b.“Foreign” computer systems
- c.Portable Device Encryption
- d.Patient Data Storage
- e.System Requirements
- 2.Network Configuration
- a.Isolating Critical Devices
- b.Isolating Clinical Networks
- c.Remote Access Considerations
- 3.Software Applications / Configuration
- a.Passwords / Screen Savers
- b.Restricted Services / access
- c.Software Configuration Restriction
- d.Use of DNS to restrict accesse. Patches / Upgrades
- a.Intrusion Prevention
- b.Intrusion Detection
- c.Threat Risk Analysis
- 1.Understanding how Hospital IT Requirements affect Radiation Oncology IT Systems.
- 2.Illustrating sample practices for hardware, network, and software security.
- 3.Discussing implementation of good IT security practices in radiation oncology.
- 4.Understand overall risk and threats scenario in a networked environment.