President of Sylvatica, an industrial ecology consulting firm in North Berwick, ME, USA; a visiting scientist with the Environmental Science and Engineering Program at the Harvard University School of Public Health in Boston, MA, USA; and adjunct professor at the Complex Systems Research Center of the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH, USA.
Energy Burdens of Conventional Wholesale and Retail Portions of Product Life Cycles
Article first published online: 8 FEB 2008
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Volume 6, Issue 2, pages 59–69, April 2002
How to Cite
Norris, G. A., Croce, F. D. and Jolliet, O. (2002), Energy Burdens of Conventional Wholesale and Retail Portions of Product Life Cycles. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 6: 59–69. doi: 10.1162/108819802763471780
- Issue published online: 8 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 8 FEB 2008
- 2001. Handbook on life cycle assessment: Operational guide to the ISO standards. Dordrecht , The Netherlands : Kluwer Academic. , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- 1992. Resource and environmental profile analysis: A life cycle environmental assessment for products and procedures. Environmental Impact Assessment Review 12(3): 245–269. , , and .
- 2000. Product environmental life–cycle assessment using input–output techniques. Journal of Industrial Ecology 3(2/3): 95–120.
- 2001. Errors in conventional and input–output–based life–cycle inventories. Journal of Industrial Ecology 4(4): 127–148.
- 1999. Application of a hybrid–approach to the life cycle inventory analysis of a freight transport task. In SAE 1998 Transactions: Journal of Passenger Cars, Section 6, Vol. 107. Warrendale , PA : Society of Automotive Engineers. , , and .
- 2001. Environmental and economic effects of e–commerce: A case study of book publishing and retail logistics. Transportation Research Record 1763: 6–12. , , and .
- 1985. Input–output analysis: Foundations and extensions. Englewood Cliffs , NJ : Prentice–Hall. and .
- 1999. Guide to LCNetBase. North Berwick , ME : Sylvatica. www.sylvatica.comtools.htm. Ac–cessed September 2002.
- 2002. Life cycle emissions distributions within the economy: Implications for life cycle impact assessment. Risk Analysis 22(5): 917–928.
- 1999. The Internet economy and global warming. Washington , DC : Center for Energy and Climate Solutions. , , and .
- 1995. Resource and environmental profile analysis of children's diaper systems. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 13(6): 1003–1009. , , , and .
- 1998. A guide to the NIPA's. Survey of Current Business, March: 26–68. and .
- 2003. Techniques for life cycle inventory of a product. Journal of Cleaner Production. Submitted for publication. and .
- U.S. BEA (U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis). 1998. Benchmark input–output accounts of the United States, 1992. Washington , DC : U.S. Government Printing Office.
- U.S. EIA (U.S. Energy Information Administration). 1994. Manufacturing consumption of energy 1991. DOE/EIA–0512(91). Washington , DC : EIA, U.S. Department of Energy.
- 1993. Life cycle assessment: Inventory guidelines and principles. EPA/600/R–92/245. Washington , DC : U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. , , , , , , , and .
- 1999. Der Einfluß internationaler Arbeitsteilung auf den Energiebedarf und die CO2–Emission bei der Herstellung ausgewählter Konsumgüter. [The influence of the international division of labor on the energy requirements and CO2emissions from the production of selected consumer goods.] VDI–Fortschrittsberichte Reihe 16 Nr. 103. Düsseldorf , Germany : VDI Verlag.