Student at Princeton University in Princeton, NJ, USA
Toward Trash That Thinks: Product Tags for Environmental Management
Version of Record online: 8 FEB 2008
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Volume 6, Issue 2, pages 133–146, April 2002
How to Cite
Saar, S. and Thomas, V. (2002), Toward Trash That Thinks: Product Tags for Environmental Management. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 6: 133–146. doi: 10.1162/108819802763471834
- Issue online: 8 FEB 2008
- Version of Record online: 8 FEB 2008
- Adams Communications. 2002. Code 128 Specification page. www.adams1.compubrussadam128code. Accessed 7 September 2002.
- 1989. Industrial metabolism. In Technology and environment, edited by J. H.Ausubel and H. E.Sladovich. Washington , DC : National Academy Press.
- BarcodeDiscounters.com. 2002.
- barcodediscounters.com. Accessed 7 September 2002.
- Barcode Island. 2002. www.barcodeisland.com. Accessed 7 September 2002.
- 2002. How UPC bar codes work. www.howstuffworks.comupc3. Accessed 7 September 2002.
- 1994. Product lifecycle management to replace waste management. In Industrial ecology and global change, edited by R.Socolow, C.Andrews, F.Berkhout, and V.Thomas. Cambridge , UK : Cambridge University Press.
- 2000. The social life of information. Boston , MA : Harvard Business School Press. and
- Changes. 2002. www.changesrecyclingcentres.com. Accessed 7 September 2002.
- 1994. Salvagability by design. IEEE Spectrum 31: 18–21.
- 1999. RFID handbook: Radio frequency identification fundamentals and application. New York : Wiley.
- 1997. A low–cost electromagnetic tagging technology for wireless identification, sensing, and tracking of objects. Master's thesis, MIT, Cambridge , MA .
- 1999. When things start to think. New York : Holt.
- 1995. Industrial ecology. Englewood Cliffs , NJ : Prentice Hall. and .
- ISWA (International Solid Waste Association). 1999. Solid waste on–board weighing systems. Copenhagen : International Solid Waste Association. www.iswa.orgbookshoppubpub18.htm. Accessed 7 September 2002.
- 1998. Reuse of electric motors in consumer products: Design and analysis of an electronic data log. Journal of Industrial Ecology 2(2): 89–102. , , and .
- 1999. MicroID 13.56 MHz RFID system design guide, AN707 MCRF 355/360 Applications. Chandler , AZ : Microchip Technology.
- 1990. Beyond the throwaway society: An incentive approach to regulating municipal solid waste. Ecology Law Quarterly 17: 655–739.
- RBRC (Rechargable Battery Recycling Coporation). 2002. www.rbrc.org. Accessed 7 September 2002.
- 2000. The networked physical world: Proposals for engineering the next generation of computing, commerce and automatic identification. MIT Auto–ID Center, MIT–AUTOID–WH–001. www.autoidcenter.com. /research/MIT–AUTOID–WH–001.pdf Accessed 8 September 2002. , , and
- Symbol Technologies. 2001. PDF417: The new symbol of data management. www.symbol.comproductsbarcode_scanners2d_products_pdf417_technolog.html. Accessed 8 September 2002.
- 2000. Novel processing technology for macro–electronics. In Technology and applications of hydrogenated amorphous silicon, edited by R. A.Street. Berlin : Springer. , , , and .