Research fellow at the Centre for Environmental Strategy, University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom.
Towards an Integrated Regional Materials Flow Accounting Model
Version of Record online: 8 FEB 2008
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Volume 9, Issue 1-2, pages 69–84, January 2005
How to Cite
Sinclair, P., Papathanasopoulou, E., Mellor, W. and Jackson, T. (2005), Towards an Integrated Regional Materials Flow Accounting Model. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 9: 69–84. doi: 10.1162/1088198054084716
- Issue online: 8 FEB 2008
- Version of Record online: 8 FEB 2008
- Biffaward and Forum for the Future. 2001a. http:<www.mass-balance.org>
- Biffaward and Forum for the Future. 2001b. Mass Balance UK: Mapping UK Resource and Material Flows. http:<www.biffaward.orgstudies>. Accessed May 2004.
- CIWM (Chartered Institute of Waste Management). 2001. City limits: A resource flow and ecological footprint analysis of Greater London. http:<www.citylimitslondon.com>. Accessed March 2003.
- 1968. On economics as a life science. Journal of Political Economy 76(3): 392–406.
- DfT (Department for Transport). 2003. Transport of goods by road in Great Britain 2002: Annual report of the continuing survey of road goods transport. http:<www.dft.gov.ukstellentgroupsdfttransstatsdo cumentsdownloadabledfttransstats 508329.pdf>. Accessed May 2004.
- EcoSys (EcoSys Environmental Management and Education). 2001. Sustainable waste management in the South East. http:<www.takingstock.org>. Accessed June 2004.
- ICEO (Imperial College Environment Office). 1999. Mass balance study: The Isle of Wight. http:<www.bestfootforward.comislandform.htm>. Accessed May 2004.
- IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change). 2001. Third assessment report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- IVEM (Center for Energy and Environmental Studies). 2002. The Energy Analysis Program. http:<www.fwn.rug.nlivemprojects.htmEAP96>. University of Groningen. Accessed May 2004.
- 1970. Environmental repercussions and the economic structure: An input-output approach. Review of Economics Statistics 52(3): 262–271.
- 2001. Energy and carbon embodied in the international trade of Brazil: An input-output approach. Ecological Economics 39(3): 409–424. , , and
- 1985. Input-output analysis: Foundations and extensions. Englewood Cliffs , NJ : Prentice-Hall. and
- 1998a. Ein Input-Output-Ansatzzur Analyse des stofflichen Ressourcenverbrauchs einer Nationalökonomie [An input-output approach to the analysis of material resource needs of a national economy]. Paper presented at Input-Output Workshop, 19–20 February, Stuttgart. , , , and
- 1998b. An input-output approach to analyse the total material requirement (TMR) of national economies. Paper presented at Third ConAccount Meeting: Ecologizing Societal Metabolism, 21 November, Amsterdam. , , , and
- ONS (Office of National Statistics). 2002a. Family spending: A report on the 2000–2001 Family Expenditure Survey. http:<www.statistics.gov.ukdownloadstheme_socialFamily_Spending_200001Family_Spending_200001.pdf>. Accessed November 2004.
- ONS. 2002b. United Kingdom input-output analytical tables. http:<www.statistics.gov.ukaboutmethodo logybythemeinputoutput>. Accessed May 2003.
- ONS. 2002c. Product sales and trade (ProdCom) statistics 2001. http:<www.statistics.gov.ukonlineproductsPRODCOM2001Q1.asp>. Accessed November 2003.
- ONS. 2002d. The Family Expenditure Survey. http:<www.statistics.gov.ukStatBasessdataset.aspvlnk563641272>. Accessed December 2004.
- ONS. 2004. http:<www.statistics.gov.ukCCInscl.aspID6805>
- 2003. Testing dematerialisation and international pollution coefficients. Paper presented at the International Society for Industrial Ecology conference, 29 June—2 July, Ann Arbor, MI. and
- 1980. The US multiregional input-output accounts and model. Lexington , MA : Lexington Books.
- 1993. Reducing CO2 emissions: A comparative input-output study for Germany and the UK. Berlin : Springer-Verlag.
- 1998. Environmental Kuznets curves-Real progress or passing the buck? A case for consumption-based approaches. Ecological Economics 25(2): 177–194.
- 2003. Personal communication with K. Slowley, Department for Transport, Ashdown House, 123 Victor Street, London, May 2003.
- UK Data Archieve. 2002. The Family Expenditure Survey (historic datasets). http:<www.esds.ac.ukgovernmentfes>. Accessed December 2004.
- UN (United Nations) Statistics Division. 2004. National classifications.
- USEB (University of Surrey Environmental Body). 2001. A material flow analysis for iron, steel and aluminium in the UK. http:<www.psi.orgpublicationsarchivepdfsenvironmentfinalprojectreport.pdf>. Accessed June 2003.