Exposure-Exposure Relationship of Tocilizumab, an Anti–IL-6 Receptor Monoclonal Antibody, in a Large Population of Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2013
© The Author(s) 2012
The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 53, Issue 2, pages 151–159, February 2013
How to Cite
Levi, M., Grange, S. and Frey, N. (2013), Exposure-Exposure Relationship of Tocilizumab, an Anti–IL-6 Receptor Monoclonal Antibody, in a Large Population of Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis. Journal of Clinical Pharma, 53: 151–159. doi: 10.1177/0091270012437585
- Issue online: 22 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 8 JUL 2011
- 8Study of active controlled tocilizumab monotherapy for rheumatoid arthritis patients with an inadequate response to methotrexate (SATORI): significant reduction in disease activity and serum vascular endothelial growth factor by IL-6 receptor inhibition therapy. Mod Rheumatol. 2009;19:12-19., , , et al.
- 9Long-term safety and efficacy of tocilizumab, an anti-interleukin-6 receptor monoclonal antibody, in monotherapy, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (the STREAM study): evidence of safety and efficacy in a 5-year extension study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008;68:1580-1584., , , , , .
- 10Study of active controlled monotherapy used for rheumatoid arthritis, an IL-6 inhibitor (SAMURAI): evidence of clinical and radiographic benefit from an X ray reader-blinded randomised controlled trial of tocilizumab. Ann Rheum Dis. 2007;66:1162-1167., , , et al.
- 11Double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist, tocilizumab, in European patients with rheumatoid arthritis who had an incomplete response to methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2817-2829., , , et al.
- 14Interleukin-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab reduces disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis with inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: the Tocilizumab in Combination with Traditional Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug Therapy Study. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:2968-2980., , , et al.
- 15IL-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab improves treatment outcomes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti–tumour necrosis factor biologicals: results from a 24-week multicentre randomised placebo-controlled trial. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008;67:1516-1523., , , et al.
- 16US Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research. Guidance for Industry: Population Pharmacokinetics. http://www.fda.gov/Downloads/Drugs/Guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/Guidances/Ucm072137.pdf. Accessed November 21, 2011.
- 20Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum. 1996;39:34-40., , , , , .
- 21Mechanisms and pathologic significances in increase in serum interleukin-6 (IL-6) and soluble IL-6 receptor after administration of an anti-IL-6 receptor antibody, tocilizumab, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and Castleman disease. Blood. 2008;112:3959-3964., , , , , .