Delivery of Agricultural Technology to Resource-poor Farmers in Africa
Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2008
© 2008 New York Academy of Sciences
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
Volume 1136, Reducing the Impact of Poverty on Health and Human Development: Scientific Approaches pages 369–376, June 2008
How to Cite
Mignouna, H. D., Abang, M. M., Omanya, G., Nang'ayo, F., Bokanga, M., Boadi, R., Muchiri, N. and Terry, E. (2008), Delivery of Agricultural Technology to Resource-poor Farmers in Africa. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1136: 369–376. doi: 10.1196/annals.1425.010
- Issue online: 25 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2008
- 1FAO (Food and Agricultural Organization). 2005. Special event on Green Revolution in Africa. Background document prepared by the SDR Committee on World Food Security, 31st session, May 23–26, 2005. Rome , Italy : Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations .
- 22003. African agriculture: past performance, future imperatives. Paper presented at the InWEnt, IFPRI, NEPAD, CTA Conference, Dec 1–3, 2003. Pretoria , South Africa ., , & .
- 3UNECA (United Nations Economic Commision for Africa). 2005. Emerging issues in science and technology for Africa's development. Fourth meeting of the Committee on Sustainable Development, October 2005. Addis Ababa , Ethiopia .
- 42003. Ending hunger by 2050: crucial investments and policies. IFPRI Issue Brief No. 14. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) , Washington , DC . http://www.ifpri.org/pubs/ib/ib14.pdf.et al .
- 52000. The road half traveled: agricultural market reform in Sub-Saharan Africa. IFPRI Policy Report No. 10. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) , Washington , DC .et al .
- 62006. Building an agricultural research for development system in Africa. ISNAR Division Discussion Paper No. 8. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) , Washington , DC .& .
- 72004. Strengthening agricultural research in Africa. 2020 Africa Conference Brief No. 9. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) , Washington , DC .
- 8FAO (Food and Agricultural Organization). 2002. Comprehensive African Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP). Rome , Italy : NEPAD, FAO Corporate Document Repository, Technical Cooperation Department.
- 9AATF. 2006. Bridging the gap to new technologies for smallholder farmers in Africa. Nairobi, Kenya. African Agricultural Technology Foundation. 35 pp.
- 10AATF. 2006. Empowering African farmers to eradicate Striga from maize croplands. Nairobi , Kenya . African Agricultural Technology Foundation. 17 pp.
- 112006. The private sector in agricultural R&D: policies and institutions to foster its growth in developing countries. ISNAR Discussion Paper 6. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). Washington , DC ., & .
- 122006. Public–private partnerships in international agricultural research: an analysis of constraints. J. Technol. Transfer 31: 291–300.& .
- 132006. Policy, investment, and partnerships for agricultural biotechnology research in Africa: emerging evidence. African Technol. Dev. Forum J. 3: 3–11., & .
- 142007. Science as social enterprise: the CAMBIA BiOS initiative. Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization 1: 13–44.
- 152007. Building public–private partnerships for agricultural innovation in Latin America: lessons from capacity building. Discussion Paper No. 699. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) . Washington , DC ., , & .
- 162007. The African agricultural technology foundation approach to IP management. In Intellectual Property Management in Health and Agricultural Innovation: A Handbook of Best Practices. A.Krattiger, R.T.Mahoney, L.Nelsen, et al ., Eds. MIHR. Oxford , U.K. , and PIPRA. Davis , USA . Available online at http://www.iphandbook.org.& .
- 172007. Constructive approaches to intellectual property complexity in today's agricultural technology world. Plant Mol. Breed. 5: 294–295., , , et al .
- 192003. Intellectual property rights and access to agbiotech by developing countries. AgBiotechNet 5: ABN 108.
- 211994. Infrastructure and technology constraints to agricultural development in the humid and subhumid tropics of Africa. Environment and Production Technology Division (EPTD) Discussion Paper No. 3. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) . Washington , DC .