Handing Antipoverty Policy Back to the Poor?
Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2008
© 2008 New York Academy of Sciences
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
Volume 1136, Reducing the Impact of Poverty on Health and Human Development: Scientific Approaches pages 333–341, June 2008
How to Cite
Banerjee, A. V. and Duflo, E. (2008), Mandated Empowerment. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1136: 333–341. doi: 10.1196/annals.1425.019
- Issue online: 25 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2008
- 1World Development Report. 2004. Overview Chapter.
- 22004. Health care delivery in rural Rajasthan. Econ. Political Weekly 39(9): 944–949., & .
- 32007. What is middle class about the middle classes around the world? Forthcoming in J. Econ. Pers.& .
- 52007. Returns to capital in microenterprises: evidence from a field experiment. World Bank Policy Res. Working Paper No. 4230., & .
- 62004. Contracting constraints, credit markets, and economic development. In Advances in Economics and Econometrics: Theory and Applications, Eight World Congress of the Econometric Society. Vol. 3. M.Dewatripoint, L.Hansen & S.Turnovsky, Eds.: 1–46. Cambridge University Press.
- 72005. Why are Farmers Not Using Fertilizer in Western Kenya: Preliminary Results from Field Experiments. In mimeo, MIT ., & .
- 92005. Annual Survey of Education Report. India ..
- 102007. Can Informational campaigns raise awareness and local participation in primary education. Econ. Political Weekly 42: 1365–1372., , , et al. April 14,
- 112007. The Perceived Returns to Education and the Demand for Schooling. In mimeo, Brown University .
- 122007. Information, Role Models and Perceived Returns to Education: Experimental Evidence from Madagascar. In mimeo, MIT .
- 132006. Power to the People: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment of a Citizen Report Card Project in Uganda. Unpublished manuscript.& .
- 152007. Free Distribution or Cost-Sharing? Evidence from a Malaria Prevention Experiment in Kenya. In mimeo, Dartmouth College .& .
- 162007. Effectiveness of Conducting Regular Immunization Camps and Providing Incentives in Improving Immunization Rates in Udaipur, India. MIT Working Paper. J-PAL Working Paper., , & .
- 172008. The demand for and impact of HIV testing: Evidence from a field experiment. Forthcoming in Am. Econ. Rev.