A New Model for Emergency Care of Geriatric Patients
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2003 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 10, Issue 3, pages 271–274, March 2003
How to Cite
Adams, J. G. and Gerson, L. W. (2003), A New Model for Emergency Care of Geriatric Patients. Academic Emergency Medicine, 10: 271–274. doi: 10.1197/aemj.10.3.271
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Emergency medical service utilization by the elderly. Ann Emerg Med. 1982; 11:610–2. , .
- Care of the elderly in emergency departments: Where do we stand? Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:792–5.
- Sanders, AB (ed), For the SAEM Geriatric Emergency Medicine Task Force. Principles of care and application of the geriatric emergency care model. In: Emergency Care of the Elder Person. St Louis , MO : Beverly Cracom Publications, 1996.
- A geriatrics curriculum for emergency medicine training programs. Ann Emerg Med. 1986; 15:1275–81. , , , .
- Introduction: Principles of geriatric emergency medicine. In: Emergency Care of the Elder Person, Instructor's Manual. Website: http://www.saem.org.
- Geriatric trauma patients–are they receiving trauma center care? Acad Emerg Med. 2003; 10:244–50. , ,
- Rapid two-stage emergency department intervention for seniors: impact on continuity of care. Acad Emerg Med. 2003; 10:233–43. , , , , , .
- A brief risk-stratification tool to predict repeat emergency department visits and hospitalizations in older patients discharged from the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. 2003; 10:224–32. , , , et al.
- A research agenda for geriatric emergency medicine. Acad Emerg Med. 2003; 10:251–60. , .
- Anonymous Hospital care for the elderly. Lancet. 1976; 2:454–5.
- Geriatric emergencies. Practitioner. 1966; 196:539–45. .
- Older patients' health-related quality of life around an episode of emergency illness. Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 34:595–603. , , , et al.
- Care of the elderly in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 1986; 15:528–35. , , , .
- The Committee on Trauma, American College of Surgeons. A Model of a Hospital Emergency Department Chicago , IL : American College of Surgeons, 1962.
- Website: http://www.nyu.edueducationnursingvs-clinical-emergency.html.