“Crossing the Quality Chasm” in Emergency Medicine
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
© 2002 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages 1074–1077, November 2002
How to Cite
Burstin, H. (2002), “Crossing the Quality Chasm” in Emergency Medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine, 9: 1074–1077. doi: 10.1197/aemj.9.11.1074
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Received July 15, 2002;accepted July 15, 2002
- Committee on Quality Health Care in America Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm. Washington , DC : National Academy Press, 2001.
- Institute of Medicine To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington , DC : National Academy Press, 1999.
- Kaiser Family Foundation/Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality National Survey on Americans as Health Consumers: An Update on the Role of Quality Information. Rockville , MD : AHQR, Dec 2000.
- Industrial Accident Prevention. New York and London , 1941. .
- Human Error. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1990. .
- A user's manual for IOM's “Quality Chasm” report. Health Aff. 2002;21:80–90. .
- Protocol-based computer reminders, the quality of care and the non-perfectability of man. N Engl J Med. 1976; 295:1351–5. .