Quality in Clinical Practice
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
© 2002 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages 1085–1090, November 2002
How to Cite
Cone, D. C., Nedza, S. M., Augustine, J. J. and Davidson, S. J. (2002), Quality in Clinical Practice. Academic Emergency Medicine, 9: 1085–1090. doi: 10.1197/aemj.9.11.1085
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Received July 18, 2002;accepted July 18, 2002
- The quality of care. How can it be assessed? JAMA. 1988; 260:1743–8.
- Quality Management for Health Care Delivery. Chicago , IL : Hospital Research Education Trust, 1989. .
- Information systems concepts for quality management. Med Care. 2002; 40:in press. .
- Rapid process redesign in a university-based emergency department: decreasing waiting time intervals and improving patient satisfaction. Ann Emerg Med. 2002; 39:168–77. , , et al.
- Continuous quality improvement reduces length of stay for fast-track patients in an emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. 1996;3:258–63. , , .
- A comparison of implicit and explicit methods of process quality assurance for blunt trauma patients. Ann Emerg Med. 1990; 19:736–40. , , .
- Clinically significant radiograph misinterpretations at an emergency medicine residency program. Ann Emerg Med. 1990; 19:497–502. , , .
- Quality assurance in the emergency department: evaluation of the ECG review process. Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:10–5. , , .
- A comprehensive set of coded chief complaints for the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med 2001; 8:980–9. , , , , .
- Turning quality-related activities into quality research. Acad Emerg Med. 1995;2:139–43. .
- A match made in heaven? Quality-related activities and quality research. Acad Emerg Med. 1999;6:165–6. .
- Baby steps. Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 34:368–9. .
- The perceived effectiveness of total quality management as a tool for quality improvement in emergency medicine. Acad Emerg Med 1999; 6:811–6. , , , , .
- Hedges. Patient satisfaction investigations and the emergency department: what does the literature say? Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7:695–709. , ,
- Shedding few tiers: controversial plans are here to stay, insurers say. Mod Healthcare. 2002;32(2): 17. .
- Evaluation of missed diagnoses for patients admitted from the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 8:125–30. , , , .
- System status management. The strategy of ambulance placement. J Emerg Med Serv. 1983;8(5): 22–32. .
- A system of profound knowledge. In: The New Economics, second edition. Cambridge , MA : MIT Press, 1993.
- Boost quality of care: track medication use. ED Manage. 2001; 13(10): 112–3. .
- Measuring and improving quality in emergency medicine. St Louis , MO : Presented at AEM Consensus Conference, May 18 2002. .
- Doctor prescribes quality control for medicine's ills. Wall Street J. May 30, 2002: 1. .