Quality and Education
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
© 2002 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages 1108–1115, November 2002
How to Cite
Croskerry, P., Chisholm, C., Vinen, J. and Perina, D. (2002), Quality and Education. Academic Emergency Medicine, 9: 1108–1115. doi: 10.1197/aemj.9.11.1108
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Received July 15, 2002;accepted July 15, 2002
- Human error in emergency medicine. Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 34:370–2. , .
- Emergency medicine: a practice prone to error? Can J Emerg Med. 2001;3:271–6. ,
- Improving safety on the front lines: the role of clinical microsystems. Qual Saf Health Care. 2002; 11:45–50. , .
- Human Error in Medicine. Hillsdale , NJ : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1994. (ed).
- Managing the Risks of Organizational Accidents. Ashgate : Aldershot, Hants, 1997. .
- The feedback sanction. Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7:1232–8. .
- Emergency department workplace interruptions: are emergency physicians “interrupt-driven” and “multitasking”? Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7:1239–43. , , ,
- The Challenger Launch Decision: Risky Technology, Culture and Deviance. Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1996. .
- Definitions and data. In Greene, R (ed). Assuring Quality in Health Care: The State of the Art. Cambridge , MA : Ballinger Publishing, 1976. .
- “Stretching” to continuous quality improvement from quality assurance: a framework for quality management. Can J Qual Health Care. 1992;9:19–22. , .
- Explorations in Quality Assessment and Monitoring. Vol. 1.The Definition of Quality and Approaches to Its Assessment Ann Arbor , MI : Health Administration Press, 1980. .
- The quality of care: how can it be assessed? JAMA. 1988; 260:1743–8.
- Medicare: A Strategy for Quality Assurance. Washington , DC : National Academy Press, 1990. (ed).
- Medicare: a strategy for quality assurance. V. Quality of care in a changing health care environment. Qual Rev Bull. 1992; 18:120–6. , , .
- Quality in Emergency Medicine. AEM Consensus Conference, St Louis , MO , 2002.
- Rapid process redesign in a university-based emergency department: decreasing waiting time intervals and improving patient satisfaction. Ann Emerg Med. 2002; 39:168–77. , , et al.
- Quality in Emergency Medicine. Plenary address at the AEM Consensus Conference on Quality in Emergency Medicine, St Louis , MO , 2002. .
- Total quality management for physicians: translating the new paradigm. Qual Rev Bull. 1990 Mar: 101–5. .
- Quality management in the NHS: the doctor's role—II. BMJ. 1992;304:304–8. , , .
- Organizational change: the key to quality improvement [editorial]. Qual Health Care. 1998; 7(suppl): S1–S2. , , .
- Why don't physicians enthusiastically support quality improvement programmes? Qual Saf Health Care. 2002; 11:6.
- Committee on Quality Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington , DC : National Academy Press, 2001.
- Quality of Health Care. Part 2: Measuring Quality of Care. N Engl J Med. 1996;335:966–70. , , .
- Pericarditis presenting and treated as an acute anteroseptal myocardial infarction. Can J Cardiol. 2001; 17:815–7. , , .
- The cognitive imperative: thinking about how we think. Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7:1223–31. .
- Setting the educational agenda and curriculum for error prevention in emergency medicine. Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7:1194–200. , , .
- The MedTeams Consortium. The potential for improved teamwork to reduce medical errors in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 34:373–83. , , , , , ,
- The role of senior leaders in driving rapid change. Front Health Serv Manage. 1998;15:35–9. .
- A system of analyzing medical errors to improve GME curricula and programs. Acad Med. 2001; 76:125–33. , .
- An interdisciplinary curriculum for reducing medical errors in the academic medical center [abstract]. Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 8:586–7. , , .
- Teaching error prevention. Presentation at the Association of American Medical Colleges Annual Conference, Washington , DC , 2001. .
- A curriculum for teaching patient safety in emergency medicine. Acad Emerg Med. 2003; in press. , .
- Problem-solving ability and cognitive maturity in undergraduate students. Assess Eval Higher Educ. 2002; 27:5–22. .
- Achieving quality in clinical decision making: cognitive strategies and detection of bias. Acad Emerg Med. 2002; 9:1184–204. .
- Representative cognitive learning theories and BI: a case study of end user searching. Res Strat. 1993; 11:124–37. , .
- McMaster Medical School, Hamilton , Ontario, Canada .
- Some trends in the study of cognition. In: Koch, S, Leary, DE(eds). A Century of Psychology as a Science. New York : McGraw-Hill, 1985. .