Measuring the Quality of Hospital-based Domestic Violence Programs
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
© 2002 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages 1176–1183, November 2002
How to Cite
Coben, J. H. (2002), Measuring the Quality of Hospital-based Domestic Violence Programs. Academic Emergency Medicine, 9: 1176–1183. doi: 10.1197/aemj.9.11.1176
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Received March 1, 2002; revised May 31, 2002;accepted June 4, 2002
- Violence and gynecologic health in women less than 50 years old. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996;174:903–7. , .
- Violence and abuse: implications for women's health. In: Falik, MM, Collins, KS(eds). Women's Health: The Commonwealth Survey. Baltimore , MD : Johns Hopkins University Press, 1996, pp 237–72. .
- The incidence of wife abuse and mental health status in abused wives in Edmonton, Alberta. Can J Public Health. 1993; 84:246–9. .
- The long-term effects of battering on women's health. Womens Health. 1998;4(1): 41–70. , , .
- Domestic violence against women: incidence and prevalence in an emergency department population. JAMA. 1995;273:1763–7. , , , .
- Prevalence of intimate partner abuse in women treated at community hospital emergency departments. JAMA. 1998; 280:433–8. , , et al.
- Violence against women: relevance for medical practitioners. JAMA. 1992; 267:3184–9. , .
- American College of Emergency Physicians Emergency medicine and domestic violence. Ann Emerg Med. 1995;25:442–3.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists ACOG technical bulletin no. 209: Domestic Violence. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1995; 51:161–70.
- American Academy of Family Practice Family violence. Am Fam Physician. 1994; 50:1636–46.
- Anonymous Screening for family violence. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Clinical Services, 2 ed. Baltimore , MD : Williams and Wilkins, 1996, pp 555–65.
- Screening mothers for intimate partner abuse at well-baby care visits: the right thing to do. JAMA. 2001; 285:1628–30. , .
- Evaluating the quality of medical care. Milbank Mem Fund Q. 1966;44(3 suppl): 166–206. .
- Consensus methods: characteristics and guidelines for use. Am J Public Health 1984; 74:979–83. , , , .
- Consensus methods for medical and health services research. Br Med J. 1995;311:376–80. , .
- The Delphi technique. Nurs Standard. 1999; 113(45): 32–6. .
- Go the extra mile—use the Delphi technique. J Nurs Manage. 1999; 7:281–8. .
- The Delphi technique: characteristics and sequence model. Adv Nurs Sci. 1984 Oct: 72–7. .
- Guidelines for managing domestic abuse when male and female partners are patients of the same physician. JAMA. 1997; 278:851–7. , , et al.
- Safely directing patients to appropriate levels of care: guideline-driven triage in the emergency service. Ann Emerg Med. 2000;36:15–22. , , et al.
- An evaluation of a system-change training model to improve emergency department response to battered women. Acad Emerg Med. 2001;8:131–8. , , et al.
- Use of Delphi methodology to generate a survey instrument to identify priorities for state allied health associations. Allied Health Behav Sci. 1979;2:383–99. , .
- How to assess program implementation. Newbury Park , CA : Sage Publications, 1987. , , .
- Is domestic violence screening helpful? JAMA. 2000; 284:551–3.
- Raising health care quality: process, measures, and system failure. JAMA. 2002;287:177–8. .
- Inside “Pandora's box”—abused women's experiences with clinicians and health services. J Gen Intern Med. 1998;13:549–55. , , , .
- Screening and intervention for intimate partner abuse: practices and attitudes of primary care physicians. JAMA. 1999;282:468–74. , , , .
- Methods of and attitudes toward screening of obstetrics and gynecology patients for domestic violence. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995;173:381–7. , , , .
- Primary care physicians' recognition of and attitudes toward domestic violence. Acad Med. 1997; 72:51–3. , .
- Primary care physicians' responses to domestic violence: opening Pandora's box. JAMA. 1992;267:3157–60. , .
- Beyond screening for domestic violence—a systems model approach in a managed care setting. Am J Prev Med. 2001; 21:170–6. , , , .
- A continuous improvement process for health providers of victims of domestic violence. J Qual Improve. 2001; 27:540–54. , , , .
- The Delphi technique: a methodological discussion. J Adv Nurs. 1994;19:180–6. , .