The Effects of the Absence of Emergency Medicine Residents in an Academic Emergency Department
Version of Record online: 8 JAN 2008
© 2002 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages 1205–1210, November 2002
How to Cite
French, D., Zwemer, F. L. and Schneider, S. (2002), The Effects of the Absence of Emergency Medicine Residents in an Academic Emergency Department. Academic Emergency Medicine, 9: 1205–1210. doi: 10.1197/aemj.9.11.1205
- Issue online: 8 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 8 JAN 2008
- Received March 1, 2002; revised May 18, 2002;accepted June 1, 2002
- The effect of supervision of residents on quality care in five university-affiliated emergency departments. Acad Med. 1998; 71:776–82. , , et al.
- Value and cost of teaching hospitals: a prospective, multicenter, inception cohort study. Crit Care Med. 1993; 21:1432–42. , , et al.
- The cost of teaching residents outpatient obstetrics and gynecology in a university medical center. Obstet Gynecol. 1995;86:1014–7. , , , .
- Training house officers to be cost conscious: effects of educational intervention on changes and length of stay. Med Care. 1990; 28:29–39. , , , , , .
- Personal communication, 2000. .
- Cost of care in the emergency department: impact of an emergency medicine residency program. Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:956–62. , .
- Impact of a resident strike on emergency department quality indicators at an urban teaching hospital. Acad Emerg Med. 2001;8:804–8. , , , , , .
- New York State Committee on Emergency Services Final Report of the New York State Ad Hoc Advisory Committee on Emergency Services. Albany , NY : New York State Health Department, Oct 1987.
- Triage and patient flow. In: Managing the Emergency Department. Dallas , TX : American College of Emergency Physicians, 1992, pp 85–94.
- Emergency physician quality qssurance systems. In: Managing the Emergency Department. Dallas , TX : American College of Emergency Physicians, 1992, pp 181–8.
- Quality improvement and tools for improving performance. In: Managing to Get It Right. Dallas , TX : American College of Emergency Physicians, 1998, pp 127–40.
- Clinical supervision in the emergency department: a costly inefficiency for academic medical centers. Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 8:827–8. .