**Based on presentation at the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors (CORD) Consensus Conference on the ACGME Core Competencies: “Getting Ahead of the Curve,” March 2002, Washington, DC.
The Quiet Revolution in Postgraduate Training**
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
© 2002 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages 1222–1226, November 2002
How to Cite
Strauss, R. W. (2002), The Quiet Revolution in Postgraduate Training. Academic Emergency Medicine, 9: 1222–1226. doi: 10.1197/aemj.9.11.1222
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Website: http://www.aamc.org/meded/start.htm.
- Institute of Medicine, Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington , DC : National Academy Press, 2000. , , .
- Website: www.acgme.org.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education 2001 Annual Report. Chicago , IL : ACGME, 2002.
- The model of the clinical practice of emergency medicine. Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 8:660–81. , , et al.
- Website: http://www.cordem.org/news/2002/jan-feb/corecomp.htm.
- Website: http://www.acgme.org/outcome/assess/keyconsider.asp.
- Evaluation of resident performance and intensive bedside teaching during direct observation. Acad Emerg Med. 1996; 3:345–51. , , .
- Development and validation of the Davis observation code. Fam Med. 1991;23:19–24. , .
- Assessing professional behavior: yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Acad Med. 2002;77:502–15. .
- Professionalism in emergency medicine. Acad Emerg Med. 1998;12:1193–9. , , , , .
- Unethical and unprofessional conduct observed by residents during their first year of training. Acad Med. 1998; 73:1195–200. , , .
- Understanding medical systems. Ann Intern Med. 1998; 128:293–8. .
- “Invisible” doctors: making a case for involving medical residents in hospital quality improvement programs. Acad Med. 1993; 68:823–4. .
- Transforming practice organizations to foster lifelong learning and commitment to medical professionalism. Acad Med. 2000;75:708–17. , , .
- Website: http://www.msu.edu/dsolomon/res00014.pdf.
- Teaching compassion and respect: attending physicians' responses to problematic behaviors. J Gen Intern Med. 1999;14:49–55. , , , , .
- Sudden death in the ED: educating residents to compassionately inform families. J Emerg Med. 1993; 10:643–7. , , .
- Website: http://www.acgme.org/outcome/project/timeline.pdf.