Systems-Based Practice: The Sixth Core Competency
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
© 2002 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages 1270–1277, November 2002
How to Cite
Dyne, P. L., Strauss, R. W. and Rinnert, S. (2002), Systems-Based Practice: The Sixth Core Competency. Academic Emergency Medicine, 9: 1270–1277. doi: 10.1197/aemj.9.11.1270
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Received April 16, 2002; revised June 15, 2002;accepted June 15, 2002
- ACGME Outcome Project. Website: www.acgme.org/outcome. 2001.
- Understanding medical systems. Ann Intern Med. 1998; 128:293–8. .
- Physicians as leaders in improving health care: a new series in Annals of Internal Medicine. Ann Intern Med. 1998; 128:289–92. , .
- Significant clinical competencies for managed care. JAMA. 2000;284:1093–8. , , .
- Adapted from ACGME paper—Assessment: Key Considerations for Selecting Assessment Instruments and Implementing Assessment Systems. Chicago , IL : ACGME, 2001.
- The model of the clinical practice of emergency medicine. Ann Emerg Med. 2001; 37:745–70. , , et al.
- ACGME and ABMS. A product of the joint initiative of the ACGME Outcome Project of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). Version 1.1, Sept 2000.
- 360 Degree Feedback. New York : American Management Association, 1996. , .
- Portfolios. Website: www.abersychan.demon.co.uk/cpd/fintro.htm. Feb 2000.
- Essential Assessment Concepts for Teachers and Administrators. Thousand Oaks , CA : Corwin Press, 2001. .