Ventricular Fibrillation in Pediatric Cardiac Arrest
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2006 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 13, Issue 5, pages 525–529, May 2006
How to Cite
Smith, B. T., Rea, T. D. and Eisenberg, M. S. (2006), Ventricular Fibrillation in Pediatric Cardiac Arrest. Academic Emergency Medicine, 13: 525–529. doi: 10.1197/j.aem.2005.12.019
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received September 7, 2004; revision received April 4, 2005, and December 1, 2005, and December 19, 2005; accepted December 20, 2005
- Temporal trends in sudden cardiac arrest: a 25-year emergency medical services perspective. Circulation. 2003; 107:2780–5. , , , , .
- Pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrests—epidemiology and outcome. Resuscitation. 1995; 30:141–50. , .
- Pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a collective review. Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 33:195–205. , .
- Out-of-hospital ventricular fibrillation in children and adolescents: causes and outcomes. Ann Emerg Med. 1995; 25:484–91. , , et al.
- Use of automated external defibrillators for children: an update. Circulation. 2003; 107:3250–5. , , et al.
- Pediatric basic and advanced life support. Circulation. 2005; 112(1 Suppl):III-73–90.
- United States Census Bureau. Available at: http:www.census.gov. Accessed Jun 22, 2004.
- A prospective, population-based study of the epidemiology and outcome of out-of-hospital pediatric cardiopulmonary arrest. Pediatrics. 2004; 114:157–64. , , .
- Public access defibrillation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a community-based study. Circulation. 2004; 109:1859–63. , , et al.
- Effectiveness of a 30-min CPR self-instruction program for lay responders: a controlled randomized study. Resuscitation. 2005; 67:31–43. , , , , , .
- Estimating the effectiveness of cardiac arrest interventions: a logistic regression survival model. Circulation. 1997; 96:3308–13. , , , , .
- Dispatcher assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation and survival in cardiac arrest. Circulation. 2001; 104:2513–6. , , , .
- Bystander chest compressions and assisted ventilation independently improve outcome from piglet asphyxial pulseless “cardiac arrest.”. Circulation. 2000; 101:1743–8. , , , .
- Delaying defibrillation to give basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation to patients with out-of-hospital ventricular fibrillation: a randomized trial. JAMA. 2003; 289:1389–95. , , et al.
- Influence of cardiopulmonary resuscitation prior to defibrillation in patients with out-of-hospital ventricular fibrillation. JAMA. 1999; 281:1182–8. , , et al.
- Importance of continuous chest compressions during cardiopulmonary resuscitation: improved outcome during a simulated single lay-rescuer scenario. Circulation. 2002; 105:645–9. , , , , .
- An alternative estimate of the disappearance rate of ventricular fibrillation in our-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Sweden. Resuscitation. 2001; 49:219–20. , .
- Pediatric patients requiring CPR in the prehospital setting. Ann Emerg Med. 1995; 25:495–501. , , , .