The Research on Community Consultation: An Annotated Bibliography
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
2007 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 346–352, April 2007
How to Cite
Baren, J. M. and Biros, M. H. (2007), The Research on Community Consultation: An Annotated Bibliography. Academic Emergency Medicine, 14: 346–352. doi: 10.1197/j.aem.2007.01.002
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received January 2, 2007; accepted January 3, 2007
- 21 CFR 50.24 and 45 CFR 46.101(i) Protection of Human Subjects: Informed Consent and Waiver of Informed Consent Requirements in Certain Emergency Research; Final Rules Fed Regist 1996;61 51498–332.
- Using the exception from informed consent regulations in research Acad Emerg Med 2005;12:1031–1039. , .
- Struggling with the rule: the exception from informed consent in resuscitation research Acad Emerg Med 2007;14:344–345. .
- Food and Drug Administration. Guidance for Institutional Review Boards, Clinical Investigators, and Sponsors. Exception from Informed Consent Requirements for Emergency Research. Draft Guidance, 2006. Available at:http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/06d-0331-gdl0001.pdf. Accessed Jan 3, 2007.
- Working through the public disclosure process mandated by use of 21 CFR 50.24 (exception to informed consent): guidelines for success J Trauma 1998;45:907–913. , , .
- Initial experience using the food and drug administration guidelines for emergency research without consent Ann Emerg Med 1999;33:224–229. , , .
- The prehospital treatment of status epilepticus (PHTSE) study: design and methodology Controlled Clin Trials 2001;22:290–309. , , , et al.
- Conducting research using the emergency exception from informed consent: the public access defibrillation (PAD) trial experience Resuscitation 2004;61:29–36. , , , et al.
- Implementation of community consultation for waiver of informed consent in emergency research: one institutional review board's experience J Investig Med 2004;52:113–115. , , , , .
- Community consultation in emergency research Crit Care Med 2006;34:2049–2052. , , , , , .
- An approach to community consultation prior to initiating an emergency research study incorporating a waiver of informed consent Acad Emerg Med 1999;6:1210–1215. , , , , , .
- Exception from informed consent for pediatric resuscitation research: community consultation for a trial of brain cooling after in-hospital cardiac arrest Pediatrics 2004;114:776–781. , , .
- Attitudes of emergency department patients and visitors regarding emergency exception from informed consent in resuscitation research, community consultation, and public notification Acad Emerg Med 2003;10:352–359. , , , , , , , , .
- Research without consent: community perspectives from the community VOICES study Acad Emerg Med 2005;12:1082–1090. , , , et al.
- Protecting research subjects under the waiver of informed consent for emergency research: experiences with efforts to inform the community Ann Emerg Med 2003;41:72–78. , .
- Duke blood test put on hold. Independent Weekly. Feb 15, 2005. .
- Measuring care in state's hospital. Boston Globe. Sept 21, 2004. .
- An open letter to institutional review boards considering Northfield Laboratories' PolyHeme trial Am J Bioethics 2006;6(3):18–21. , , .
- Blood, sweat and tears Am J Bioethics 2006;6(3):1–2. .
- Holloway KFC. Accidental communities; race, emergency medicine and the problem of PolyHeme Am J Bioethics 2006;6(3):7–17.