Elder Abuse: Keeping the Unthinkable in the Differential
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2007 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 14, Issue 6, pages 566–567, June 2007
How to Cite
Heyborne, R. D. (2007), Elder Abuse: Keeping the Unthinkable in the Differential. Academic Emergency Medicine, 14: 566–567. doi: 10.1197/j.aem.2007.01.015
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Elder maltreatment: a review Arch Pathol Lab Med 2006;130:1290–1296. .
- Development of a screening tool for identifying elderly people at risk of abuse by their caregivers J Aging Health 2006;18:660–685. , , .
- Mandatory reporting of elder abuse: between a rock and a hard place Ann Fam Med 2006;4:403–409. , , .
- ED use by older victims of family violence Ann Emerg Med 1997;30:448–454. , , et al.
- JE. Reporting elder abuse: a medical, legal, and ethical overview J Am Med Womens Assoc 2004;59:248–254. , .
- Elder mistreatment: national survey of emergency physicians Ann Emerg Med 1997;30:473–479. , , .
- Elder neglect assessment in the emergency department J Emerg Nurs 2000;26:436–443. , , .
- Management of elder abuse in the emergency department Emerg Med Clin North Am 1999;17:631–644. , .
- American College of Emergency Physicians. Management of Elder Abuse and Neglect. 2001. Available at:http://www.acep.org/webportal/PracticeResources/PolicyStatements/. Accessed Jan 31, 2007.