Cultural Differences in Belief Bias Associated with Deductive Reasoning?
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2010
© 2005 Cognitive Science Society, Inc.
Volume 29, Issue 4, pages 525–529, July-August 2005
How to Cite
Unsworth, S. J. and Medin, D. L. (2005), Cultural Differences in Belief Bias Associated with Deductive Reasoning?. Cognitive Science, 29: 525–529. doi: 10.1207/s15516709cog0000_18
- Issue published online: 11 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2010
- 1989). Bias in human reasoning: Causes and consequences. Hillsdale , NJ : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. (
- 1974). Signal detection theory and psychophysics. Huntington , NY : Krieger. , & (
- 2000). On belief bias in syllogistic reasoning. Psychological Review, 107, 852–884. , , & (
- 1992). The source of belief bias effects in syllogistic reasoning. Cognition, 45, 257–284. , , , & (
- 2002). Cultural preferences for formal versus intuitive reasoning. Cognitive Science, 26, 653–684. , , , & (