Views of pharmacist prescribers, doctors and patients on pharmacist prescribing implementation
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2010
2009 Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 89–94, April 2009
How to Cite
Stewart, D. C., George, J., Bond, C. M., Diack, H. L., McCaig, D. J. and Cunningham, S. (2009), Views of pharmacist prescribers, doctors and patients on pharmacist prescribing implementation. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 17: 89–94. doi: 10.1211/ijpp.17.02.0003
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2010
- Received June 02, 2008 Accepted February 11, 2009
- 1Medicines Control Agency. Proposals for Supplementary Prescribing and Pharmacists and Proposed Amendments to the Prescription Only Medicines (Human Use) Order 1997. Consultation paper MLX284. London: Medicines Control Agency, 2002.
- 2Department of Health. Improving Patients' Access to Medicines: a guide to implementing nurse and pharmacist independent prescribing within the NHS in England. London: Department of Health, 2006.
- 4Review of Prescribing, Supply & Administration of Medicines. Final report. London: Department of Health, 1999..
- 6Benefits and challenges of prescribing training and implementation: perceptions and early experiences of RPSGB prescribers. Int J Pharm Pract 2007; 15: 23–30.et al.
- 9Attitudes of successful candidates of supplementary prescribing courses to their training and their extended roles. Pharm J 2006; 276: 348–352.et al.
- 10Pharmacists' and mentors' views on the introduction of pharmacist supplementary prescribing: a qualitative evaluation of views and context. Int J Pharm Pract 2005; 15: 31–37., .
- 11Inter-and intra-professional perspectives on non-medical prescribing in an NHS trust. Pharm J 2006; 277: 394–398.et al.
- 12Patients' experiences of pharmacist-led supplementary prescribing in primary care. Pharm J 2006; 276: 567–569..
- 13Qualitative data analysis for applied policy research. In: BrymanA., BurgessR., eds. Analysing Qualitative Data. London: Routledge, 1993., .
- 16Phone interviewing as a means of data collection: Lessons learned and practical recommendations. Forum: Qual Soc Res 2001; 2(2): 1–8., .
- 17Comparing telephone and face-to-face qualitative interviewing: a research note. Qual Res 2004; 4(1): 107., .
- 18Scottish contract 2006. Introducing the new Scottish contract. Pharm J 2005; 275: 637..
- 24NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination: getting evidence into practice. Eff Health Care 1999; 5: 1–16.et al.
- 26Diffusion of Innovations. New York: Free Press, 1995..