Interrogative suggestibility, self-esteem, and the influence of negative life-events
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
2008 The British Psychological Society
Legal and Criminological Psychology
Volume 13, Issue 2, pages 299–307, September 2008
How to Cite
Drake, K. E., Bull, R. and Boon, J. C. W. (2008), Interrogative suggestibility, self-esteem, and the influence of negative life-events. Legal and Criminological Psychology, 13: 299–307. doi: 10.1348/135532507X209981
- Issue online: 24 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
- Received 13 September 2006; revised version received 18 April 2007
- The relation of depression and anxiety to life-stress and achievement in students British Journal of Psychology 95 509–521 2004.
- Culture-free SEI self-esteem inventories for children and adults Seattle, WA Special Child Publications 1981.
- Interrogative suggestibility: The importance of being earnest Personality and Individual Differences 28 4, 753–762 2000.
- Interrogative suggestibility: Interactions between interviewees' self-esteem and interviewer style Personality and Individual Differences 35 6, 1285–1292 2003.
- The impact of childhood adversity factors on posttraumatic stress and other functioning in adult women veterans Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences 66 8-A, 2830 2006.
- Attempts to improve police interveiwing of suspects Lassiter, G. D. Interrogations, confessions and entrapment New York: Plenum 2004.
- Life stress and adjustment: Effects of life events experienced by young adolescents and their parents Developmental Psychology 23 583–592 1987.
- An investigation of the interaction between cognitive style and context reinstatment on the memory performance of eyewitnesses Personality and Individual Differences 34 8, 1495–1508 2003.
- Exposure to maternal depression and marital conflict: Gender differences in children's later mental health symptoms Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 46 728–737 2003.
- Manual of the Eysenck personality questionnaire London Hodder and Stoughton 1975.
- A new scale of interrogative suggestibility Personality and Individual Differences 5 303–314 1984.
- Interrogative suggestibility: Its relationship with assertiveness, social-evaluative anxiety, state anxiety and method of coping British Journal of Clinical Psychology 27 159–166 1988.
- The Gudjonsson suggestibility scales manual Hove Psychology Press 1997.
- The psychology of interrogations and confessions: A handbook Chichester Wiley 2003.
- Suggestibility in police interrogation: A social psychological model Social Behaviour 1 83–104 1986.
- Interrogative suggestibility and its relationship with perceptions of self-concept and control Journal of the Forensic Science Society 24 99–110 1984.
- Psychological predictors of coping responses among Greek basketball referees Journal of Social Psychology 140 3, 329–344 2000.
- The psychology of confessions: A review of the literature and issues Psychological Science in the Public Interest 5 2, 33–67 2004. Direct Link:
- Memory in naturalistic and laboratory contexts: Distinguishing the accuracy-oriented and quantity-oriented approaches to memory assessment Journal of Experimental Psychology: General 123 297–315 1994.
- Monitoring and control processes in the strategic regulation of memory accuracy Psychological Review 103 490–517 1996.
- Sex, sex-role orientation and self-esteem as predictors of coping style Journal of Social Behaviour and Personality 9 801–810 1994.
- Psychology and law: Truthfulness, accuracy and credibility London Jossey-Bass 2003.
- Investigative interviewing: Psychology and practice, Chichester: Wiley 1999.
- Modification of life event questionnaires for use with female respondents Research in Nursing Health 7 61–71 1984.
- The biological approach to adolescence: Biological change and psychological adaptation Adelson, J. Handbook of Adolescent Psychology 117–155 New York Wiley 1980.
- Assessing the impact of life changes: Development of the life experiences survey Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 46 932–946 1978.
- Interrogative suggestibility, delayed memory and self-concept Personality and Individual Differences 5 203–209 1984.
- Abstracts of lectures on the psychology of testimony and on the study of individuality American Journal of Psychology 21 270–282 1910.
- The psychology of testimony Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 34 3–20 1939.
- Mood states, self-set goals, self-efficacy and performance in academic examinations Personality and Individual Differences 42 3, 573–583 2007.
- Effects of qualitative differences in initial and subsequent computer experience on computer anxiety Computers in Human Behaviour 20 581–590 2004.