Measurement Issues in Periosteal Apposition
Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2004 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 691–692, April 2004
How to Cite
SEEMAN, E. and DUAN, Y. (2004), Measurement Issues in Periosteal Apposition. J Bone Miner Res, 19: 691–692. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.0301260
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2003
- 12003 Toward an expanded understanding of the role of the periosteum in skeletal health. J Bone Miner Res 18:949–954.
- 22003 Periosteal bone formation-a neglected determinant of bone strength. N Engl J Med 349:320–323.
- 32003 Structural and biomechanical basis of sexual dimorphism in femoral neck fragility has its origins in growth and aging. J Bone Miner Res 18:1766–1774., , ,
- 42000 Hip geometry, bone mineral distribution, and bone strength in European men and women: The EPOS study. Bone 27:151–159., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 52000 Structural trends in the aging femoral neck and proximal shaft: Analysis of the third national health and nutrition examination survey dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry data. J Bone Miner Res 15:2297–2304., , , ,
- 62003 Effects of gender, anthropometric variables, and aging on the evolution of hip strength in men and women aged over 65. Bone 32:561–570., , , , ,
- 71964 Secular increase in height: Is the end in sight? Lancet 2:1195–1196.
- 81978 Secular change in sitting height and lower limb height of children, youths, and young adults of Afro-black, European, and Japanese ancestry. Growth 42:37–41.
- 91997 Secular changes in growth and maturation: An update. Acta Paediatr Suppl 423:20–27., ,
- 101992 Bone resorption and formation on the periosteal envelope of the ilium: A histomorphometric study in healthy women. J Bone Miner Res 7:1475–1482., ,
- 112003 Evidence for bone formation on the external “periosteal ” surface of the femoral neck: A comparison of intracapsular hip fracture cases and controls. Osteoporos Int 14:141–145., , , ,
- 121997 Bone dimensional change with age: Interactions of genetic, hormonal, and body size variables. Osteoporos Int 7:426–431., , , , ,
- 131964 Femoral expansion in ageing women: Implication for osteoporosis and fractures. Science 145:156–157.,
- 141990 Continuing periosteal apposition I: Documentation, hypotheses, and interpretation. Am J Phys Anthropol 82:451–472.
- 151991 Toward a cure for osteoporosis: Reversal of excessive bone fragility. Osteoporos Int 2:12–19.
- 162003 Bone loss and bone size after menopause. N Engl J Med 349:327–334., , , ,
- 171966 Periosteal appositional bone growth from age 2 to age 70 in man. Anat Rec 154:573–578.,
- 181990 Continuing periosteal apposition II: The significance of peak bone mass, strain equilibrium and age related activity differentials for mechanical compensation in human tubular bone. Am J Phys Anthropol 82:478–484.
- 192002 Pathogenesis of bone fragility in women and men. Lancet 359:1841–1850.
- 201999 Femoral neck length and hip fracture risk. J Bone Miner Res 14:1714–1720.,
- 211996 Femoral neck geometry and radiographic signs of osteoporosis as predictors of hip fracture. Bone 18:327–330., , , ,
- 222001 The contribution of reduced peak accrual of bone and age-related bone loss to osteoporosis at the spine and hip: Insights from the daughters of women with vertebral or hip fractures. J Bone Miner Res 16:1101–1107., , ,