Dr Eisman received a grant from GE-Lunar. All other authors have no conflict of interest.
Incidence of Hip and Other Osteoporotic Fractures in Elderly Men and Women: Dubbo Osteoporosis Epidemiology Study†
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2004
Copyright © 2004 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 532–536, April 2004
How to Cite
Chang, K. P., Center, J. R., Nguyen, T. V. and Eisman, J. A. (2004), Incidence of Hip and Other Osteoporotic Fractures in Elderly Men and Women: Dubbo Osteoporosis Epidemiology Study. J Bone Miner Res, 19: 532–536. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.040109
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 29 OCT 2003
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2003
- 11997 World-wide projections for hip fracture. Osteoporos Int 7:407–413., ,
- 22001 National Working Committee on Osteoporosis. Hip fracture incidence rates in Singapore 1991–1998. Osteoporos Int 12:311–318., , , ,
- 32002 Effect of birth cohort on risk of hip fracture: Age-specific incidence rates in the Framingham Study. Am J Public Health 92:858–862., , , ,
- 41992 Hip fractures in the elderly: A world-wide projection. Osteoporos Int 2:285–289., ,
- 51987 Secular trends in the incidence of hip fractures. Calcif Tissue Int 41:57–64., ,
- 61990 Trends in admissions for hip fracture in England and Wales, 1968–85. BMJ 300:1173–1174., ,
- 71990 The Dubbo study: An Australian prospective community study of the health of elderly. Aust NZ J Med 20:783–789., , , , , ,
- 81994 Symptomatic fracture incidence in elderly men and women: The Dubbo Osteoporosis Epidemiology Study (DOES). Osteoporos Int 4:277–282., , , , ,
- 91999 Mortality after all major types of osteoporotic fracture in men and women: An observational study. Lancet 353:878–882., , , ,
- 10Australian Bureau of Statistics 2003 Population by Age and Sex, New South Wales. Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra, Australia.
- 11SAS Institute Inc. 2000 SAS, version 8. SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- 121993 Incidence of hip fractures in Malmo, Sweden (1950–1991). Bone 14:S23–S29., , , , , ,
- 131999 Fracture incidence in Olmsted County, Minnesota: Comparison of urban with rural rates and changes in urban rates over time. Osteoporos Int 9:29–37., ,
- 141995 Hip fracture incidence among older people in Auckland: A population-based study. NZ Med J 108:426–428., , , , , ,
- 151999 International variation in the incidence of hip fractures: Cross-national project on osteoporosis for the World Health Organization Program for Research on Aging. Osteoporos Int 9:242–253., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 161999 Age- and gender-specific rate of fractures in Australia: A population-based study. Osteoporos Int 10:240–247., , , , , , ,
- 172001 Hip fractures in the Australian Capital Territory. Proceedings of the 2001 Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australian Society for Geriatric Medicine, Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia., , , ,
- 182001 A population based study of fracture incidence in Southern Tasmania: Lifetime Fracture risk and evidence for geographic variation within the same country. Osteoporos Int 12:124–130.,
- 191997 Regional variation in the incidence of hip fracture in New Zealand. NZ Med J 110:78–80., , , ,
- 20NHMRC 2003 NHMRC dietary guidelines for Australian adults. Available online at http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/publications/nhome.htm. Accessed August 23, 2003.